What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 12/18/14
We hope that you, your family and friends will join us for our special Christmas Eve service with Pastor Lance. There are four one-hour services to choose from. Details below.
Join your Bridgeway family as we celebrate Advent together. The Advent printable packet is now available to download below.
As Pastor Lance said last weekend, thank you so very much for your great response to all of the Holiday Giving opportunities! So many children and families are being blessed and showered with God's love this Christmas because of your generous hearts! Thank you Bridgeway!
The Drama Ministry's production "Back in Time: A Christmas Variety Show" is this weekend, Friday, December 19 - Sunday, December 21st. Check out the info below for all of the show times and details!
Looking for a way to volunteer? Check out the Service Opportunities section at the bottom of this What's Happening at Bridgeway?
Do you want to know what the update is on our Invest Building Campaign? We have that for you too.
The details for all of these great happenings are provided in the information below. Plus, we have many more events and a lot more information to share with you. Please take a look so you know What's Happening at Bridgeway! Registration links are included if registration is necessary.
Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year Bridgeway!
Our King is coming. Jesus Christ has come and He is coming again. This is the hope that is celebrated during the Advent season. Advent, from the Latin word meaning “arrival” or “coming” is all about Jesus. It is a time for His Church around the world to remember his first coming as a humble child in Bethlehem as we also eagerly await his second coming in glory.
This is a season of watching and waiting. It is a season for celebrating the faithfulness of our God, who 2000 years ago made good on his promise to send a Savior. It is a time for reflection, for the renewing of our minds, for setting aside the busyness and consumerism that so often overwhelm us during this season so that our souls might be stirred up with affection for our great King.
Bridgeway is excited to have our families participate with us in Advent this year. In addition to our weekend Advent as a church body during our services, you can also participate at home as an individual or a family.
CLICK HERE to download the 2014 Advent PDF packet.
Have a wonderful Christmas season, and don't forget to invite your family and friends to join us for Christmas Eve services at Bridgeway on December 24th.
YEAR-END SPECIAL OFFERING
We are thankful for our Bridgeway community and our collective efforts to love others generously. As 2014 comes to a close, you can support additional ministry projects currently on hold with the Year-End Special Offering. To qualify for 2014 tax reporting period, all regular giving and offering donations must be postmarked or given online by midnight, December 31st!
Funds given to Bridgeway's General Fund through the Year-End Special Offering, give us the opportunity to support training and resourcing of key Bridgeway ministries, along with strengthening our reserves as a church family.
- CLICK HERE to give online via The City... select "Year-End Special Offering" in the drop-down menu on the Giving page
- OR donate by using the "Year-End Special Offering" envelopes which will be available in the Lobby during weekend services through December 28th.
- For questions or more information, please email Justin Storm at
This year’s Christmas event, sponsored by the Bridgeway Drama Ministry, will showcase 1940's themed performances looking back on the story of the nativity with impersonations of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Abbott & Costello, the Three Stooges, Lucille Ball and more!
- FRIDAY 12.19.14 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm and 7:30pm - 8:30pm
- SATURDAY MATINEE 12.20.14 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- SUNDAY 12.21.14 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm and 7:30pm - 8:30pm
- Performances are FREE
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Held in On-Site Rocklin
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
Join us in the Worship Center for a special family-friendly Christmas Eve service with Pastor Lance. Four one-hour services to choose from. Hot cocoa will be served.
- WEDNESDAY 12.24.14 @ 1:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:00pm & 5:30pm
- Kidsway is available for Nursery - PreSchool aged children.
- No Fuel (Sr High) or Edge (Jr High) services (students attend main service).
CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED DURING CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR'S
The Bridgeway Church Office will be closed during the weeks of Christmas and New Year's (December 25th – January 5th). The Office will re-open on Tuesday, January 6th. Have a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year!
HUME LAKE SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Students ages 8-18 are encouraged to come to Hume Lake Summer Camp with Kidsway, Edge & Fuel staff! Hume has three age appropriate camps, determined by the grade your child will enter for the 2015-2016 school year. Hume Lake spots are on a first come - first served basis. Spots fill up quickly for each camp!
- CAMP DATES: SUNDAY 7.5.15 - SATURDAY 7.11.15
- KIDSWAY (ages 8-11) attend WAGON TRAIN ... Info:
- EDGE (students entering 6th-8th grade) attend MEADOW RANCH .... Info:
- FUEL (students entering 9th-12th grade) attend PONDEROSA ... Info:
- COST per student: Wagon Train ($565); Meadow Ranch ($595); Ponderosa ($595)
- NON-REFUNDABLE $75.00 deposit due at the time of registration and a total of $100.00 (an additional $25.00 payment on top of the initial $75.00 deposit paid at the time of this registration) is due by January 15th 2015
- CLICK HERE to register
KIDSWAY CHILDCARE WORKERS NEEDED
Kidsway is now accepting applications for paid positions for their During the Week Childcare program (February - May). We are looking for people who have a passion for working and loving on kids!
- CLICK HERE to apply
- For questions or more info, email Amber at
JOURNEYS MOVIE NIGHT
Journeys Singles (age 30-49) invites you to come hang out with other singles at Bridgeway. Enjoy a Christmas movie and holiday treats. Bring a dessert to share!
FUEL'S WINTER CAMP
Fuel HSM is mixing it up this year and going on our own Winter Retreat! All high school students are invited to start their 2015 by going up the hill to hear an encouraging and striking message entitled "Dormant". Come spend some time making new friends and hanging out in the snow!!
- THURSDAY 1.1.15 - SATURDAY 1.3.15
- Cost: $109 per person
- CLICK HERE to register
- For more info, contact Greta Dushane on The City or email
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. All are welcome!
BABY DEDICATION REGISTRATION
Our next Baby Dedication Special Service is coming up on Sunday, February 22nd at 2:00pm in the Worship Center. Registration will open on JANUARY 3RD if you would like to have your child dedicated.
- REGISTRATION OPENS: SATURDAY 1.3.15
- REGISTRATION CLOSES: WEDNESDAY 2.4.15
- CLICK HERE to register your child (beginning January 3rd)
- If you wish to dedicate more than one child, please register each child on a separate form.
- For more information, please call the Church office at (916)408-6560 or email Angie at
JOURNEYS SINGLES MINISTRY IS MOVING TO TUESDAY EVENINGS
Bridgeway's singles ministry (ages 30 to 49) is moving to Tuesday evenings beginning January 6th! Journeys will no longer meet on Sunday evenings beginning in January.
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 1.8.15 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 302 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- For more info, contact Dan Gamel on The City or email him at
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Ministry Group on The City
Come join your Bridgeway Women's Ministry Leadership Team for Coffee and Chocolate. This is a great way to connect with the women of Bridgeway and find out everything you want to know about Women's Ministry. You will have the opportunity to meet the leaders of the individual ministries as well as check out the study materials for Spring Bible studies and classes. This event is for all women whether you are new or have been attending Bridgeway for years.
- FRIDAY 1.9.15 @ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Event is FREE but please RSVP
- In the Hub Chapel
- No childcare for this event
- CLICK HERE to RSVP for this event
- For more info, email
SPRING LAUNCH - CLASSES AT BRIDGEWAY
Registration for all of our Spring semester Bible studies, classes and Mom2Mom begins Saturday, January 10th! More info and details coming at the beginning of January.
DEFENDING THE CAUSE - ADOPTION SUPPORT GROUP MONTHLY MEETING
Come join a community that can support and understand your needs as a foster or adoptive parent. We'll be meeting the 2nd Sunday of each month discuss parenting and adoption concepts plus allow you to connect with other Bridgeway adoptive families.
- SUNDAY 1.11.15 @ 11:15am - 12:45pm
- Kidsway is available (as this group meets during 2nd service)
- For more information, email Claire Eberhardt at
BRIDGEBUILDERS WINTER POTLUCK
WE'RE TELLING STORIES at the BridgeBuilders (age 50+) Winter Potluck. Come to hear some fun, intriguing and exciting stories from childhood days of some of our group's members, as well as the opportunity to get to know one of our staff members.
- FRiDAY 1.16.15 @ 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- In the Hub Chapel
- If you'd like to share your story with BridgeBuilders, CLICK HERE to find out how
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City
- For more information or for questions, contact Pinky Hordyk at
Please join us for a fun-filled time of cooking and fellowship as we prepare freezer meals for the Meal Ministry.
HAVEN CREATIVE WORSHIP MINISTRY: STAND-UP STORYTELLING
Please join Haven Creative Worship Ministry for “Stand-up Storytelling”. Guest storyteller, Lori Gallian, shares about meeting Jesus on the street. Share your own story with us. Children age 13+ are welcome with a parent. Food, drinks and music provided but you are welcome to bring something to share.
- SUNDAY 1.18.15 @ 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Held in the Community Hall
- For more details or to RSVP email,
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE HAVEN GROUP ON THE CITY
NIGHT OF PREPARATION FOR THE MLK CAPITOL MARCH
Please join others from the Sacramento region in a night of preparation for the MLK Capitol March. Guest speakers include Francis Chan and Pastor Lance.
MLK CAPITOL MARCH -- MARCHING TO IMPACT THE FUTURE
Join Pastor Lance and others from your Bridgeway family at the 34th Annual Capitol March for the Dream! This FREE event is a six mile "Marade" (March and parade), which winds through some of Sacramento's most historic neighborhoods. The March begins at Hughes Stadium at Sacramento City College, travels past the west steps of the State Capitol and ends at the Sacramento Convention Center.
This event honors the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and dramatizes the issues that can impact our future. Join us for a day of civic engagement, reflection and fun.
If you are new to Bridgeway we'd love to have you join the pastors, staff, elders and ministry leaders in the Hub Chapel for a fun evening of meeting others, learning more about Bridgeway and eating yummy desserts. Event is free (including childcare) but please RSVP
- FRIDAY 1.30.15 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Held in the Hub Chapel
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more info, email Angie at or call the Church Office at 916.408-6560
CREATIVE PRAYER WORKSHOP
The Bridgeway Prayer Ministry is excited to welcome special guest speaker, Adena Hodges, to facilitate a time of experiencing prayer in fresh and creative ways. Adena is the co-founder of the regional “Intercessor's Workshop”, author of the blog www.1000WaysToPray.com, and a prayer leader at The Rock of Roseville.
We welcome both those who are new to prayer and those who are seasoned intercessors to join us for a morning to learn, grow, pray and have fun together.
- SATURDAY 1.31.15 @ 9:00am to 11:00am
- Doors will open at 8:30 am. Come early and enjoy snacks and fellowship before the session begins
- Held in the Community Hall
- Event is FREE but please RSVP
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or at
Ladies, you're invited to the second annual "IF:Gathering". It's a fresh, deep, honest space for a new generation of women to wrestle with the essential question: IF God is real… THEN what? This 2-day gathering brings women together from around the world and helps figure out how to live out the calling God has placed on our lives. This gathering is open to the public, so feel free to invite the ladies in your life!
- FRIDAY 2.6.15 @ 3:00pm to 9:30pm AND
- SATURDAY 2.7.15 @ 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Held in On-Site Rocklin
- COST: Almost FREE ($1.00 donation required when you RSVP).
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more information, contact Rebecca Hoehne at
- You can also visit, "If:Rocklin" Facebook page ... CLICK HERE to visit Facebook
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015!
- 10 day tour (plus 2 days travel) with GTI Tours
- If we have a minimum of 40 paid people, the price is under $4000!
- Those who pay their early deposit before January 2015 get an additional $100 off!
- Trip dates: August 31st - September 11th, 2015
- Pastor Matt will be be teaching an optional Blueprints class this Winter to walk through some Moody Bible Institute material on Israel’s terrain, cities and key places ... Sort of a virtual tour class.
- CLICK HERE to register for the trip to Israel
- For more information, contact Pastor Matt Bach on The City or email
USHERS & GREETERS NEEDED FOR WEEKEND SERVICES!
Do you enjoy making people feel welcome here at Bridgeway? Then we need you! There is an immediate need for ushers and greeters for our weekend services.
- To volunteer, CLICK HERE to complete the application.
- For more information on the Usher/Greeter team contact Nancy McGivney on The City or email
CAMPUS GUIDES NEEDED FOR WEEKEND SERVICES!
During weekend services, Campus Guides are stationed around our campus to provide personal direction and assistance to members and guests who are searching for specific locations. The guides walk people to the desired location.
MEALS MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the Meals Ministry, which provides meals for members of our Bridgeway family who are in need.
- For more information or to sign up to volunteer, contact Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the Meals Ministry group on The City
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
FUNDS RAISED TO DATE: $2,220,431
TOTAL COMMITMENT: $4,217,946
Please pray for:
1. Entitlements: The Traffic Study results were favorable! Thank you God! The Conditional Use Permit will be up for City approval in January. Pray for City approval.
2. Tenant Search: Marketing has been "word of mouth" so far and the response has been favorable with multiple tours. Marketing launched nationally on 12/5/14 by Crossroad Ventures Group (Roseville). Pray that God will provide the right tenant or mix of tenants.
3. Financials: Prayer for financial provision to meet the current needs of the project. In addition, let’s all ask God for a miracle to completely fund the entire project with no debt.
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!
If you missed any of Pastor Lance's 7-week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural, CLICK HERE to download the sessions.
BRIDGEWAY TO RECOVERY MEN'S CLASS
Our Bridgeway to Recovery program has a men's class which meets on Monday evenings to help you with your hurts, habits and hang-ups. New people are welcome anytime! The women's class begins in February.
- MONDAYS @ 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Andrew Jones at 916.342.9727
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Dennis Gray at
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
Bridgeway’s very own Library offers a wide collection of 2,800 Christian books, videos, and CDs for adults and children.
- The Library is open before, between, and after all the weekend services (and during the service if volunteers are available).
- Now open Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm (except 12/24/14 & 12/31/14)
- All materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- The Library is located in the main building, in the hallway between the Lobby and the U - shaped parking lot.
- For more information, please contact Gloria Abrott on The City