What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 10/23/14
Looking for a way to volunteer? Check out the Service Opportunities section at the bottom of this What's Happening at Bridgeway?
We have so many events happening at Bridgeway. Please take a look at the information listed below. Registration links are included if registration is necessary.
Have a great week Bridgeway!
Pastor Lance is teaching a 7 week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural. Pastor Lance teaches for 1 hour and then answer questions for 30 minutes. Though we hope to see you there, if you are not able to attend in person, you can watch via livestream at www.bridgewaychristian.org during each session time.
We are also recording the series. Each session is made available as soon as possible on the Sermons page at www.bridgewaychristian.org
- MONDAYS - Continuing through 11.10.14 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center (Sanctuary)
- No childcare or coffee available.
- CLICK HERE to download a session
- For more info contact Joanne Moody on The City or email
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. All are welcome!
Are you new to Bridgeway? If you’ve been here for 6 months or less, we invite you to come meet our pastors and staff for an hour of informal Q&A.
- SATURDAY 11.1.14 @ 8:00pm OR SUNDAY 11.2.14 @ 1:00pm
- Held in Room 1, next to the Community Hall
- No registration needed, just show up
- We hope to see you there!
- For more info, email Tracy Benda at
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE PERSECUTED CHURCH
Join us for a time of prayer in the spirit of unity with believers throughout the world on this day set aside for remembering our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. "If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together." (1 Cor. 12:26).
MEXICALI MISSIONS TRIP INFO MEETING
Come and hear from Pastor Matt and other Mexicali leadership about the Spring 2015 trip! This trip is open to all age groups, families, students and adults ... all are welcome!
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
Reveille is hosting a Night Out for all Active Duty Military Families. This is an evening of fun, safe, free childcare so you can enjoy cherished time out with your spouse or time alone! Childcare is free but children must be registered by Friday, October 31st.
- FRIDAY 11.7.14 @ 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- CLICK HERE to register your child/children
- For more info, email Dave Winter at
This class is designed to introduce you to the various ministries at Bridgeway. Meet some of the leadership here at Bridgeway to find out more about their ministries and how you can get involved.
- SATURDAY 11.8.14 @ 6:00pm – 7:30pm OR
- SUNDAY 11.9.14 @ 11:15am – 12:45pm
- Held in Room 303 (located between the church office and the HUB)
- No registration needed; simply show up
Christians United For Israel invites you to its annual tribute "A Night to Honor Israel". This year's speakers include Mark Biltz, Rabbis David and Nancy Wechsler-Azen of Congregation Beth Shalom, Bishop Parnell Lovelace and more. Music will be provided by Wild Branches and Friends.
- SUNDAY 11.9.14 @ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Trinity Life Center, 5225 Hillsdale Blvd, Sacramento (Off I-80 and Madison)
- Admission is FREE (unless attending the dinner).
- A pre-event Israeli-style buffet dinner will be held at
5:00pm. A limited number of dinner tickets are available. Cost: $75 each or two for $125.
- For tickets, call 916-532-3721 or email
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 11.13.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 302 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- Info, email
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Ministry Group on The City
Learn about Bridgeway’s history, beliefs, values, vision and the benefits and expectations of membership.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS & TALENTS WORKSHOP
Discover how God has gifted you and how you can use your gifts, talents and experience to better serve Him in ministry and in the marketplace. Everyone welcome! The Workshop is FREE but please register online.
- SUNDAY 11.16.14 @ 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- In Classroom 1 (next to the Community Hall)
- No childcare available
- CLICK HERE to register for the Workshop
- For more info, email Pastor Jason at
HAVEN CREATIVE WORSHIP MINISTRY: GIFTS OF THANKS
Join us for a time of fellowship as we reflect upon and create gifts of thanks. Feel free to bring any ideas or supplies of your own to work on or use provided supplies. All are welcome.
- SUNDAY 11.16.14 @ 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Held in the Community Hall
- Food will be provided
- For more details or to RSVP email,
- CLICK HERE to join the HAVEN group on The City
The Defending the Cause ministry is hosting a respite night where foster and adoptive parents can enjoy a night out while we provide one-on-one care for your kids! This event is FREE and includes dinner, interactive learning stations, and a G-rated movie. Spots fill up quickly!
The purpose of the 5th MVMNT night is: Reveal ... Respond ... Worship. We believe in the need and importance of the community of Christ lifting praise and adoration to our deserving King. Worship is more than an action; it's an identity. With that in mind, the 5th MVMNT was born out of our desire to collectively lift one heart, one offering and one passion to our Father through the praise that dwells within us. Come with anticipation as we present our offering to the LORD through song.
- SUNDAY 11.30.14 @ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center
Join the BridgeBuilders (age 50+) Group for this year’s Placer Pops Chorale presentation “A Holiday Homecoming” held at the Harris Center for the Arts in Folsom. This chorale group always highlights the Christmas season with timeless and heartwarming music.
Following the concert please join together for a delicious no-host Italian meal at Visconte’s Restaurant in Folsom.
- SUNDAY 12.14.14 @ 2:00pm - 6:30pm
- Event will be held at the Harris Center for the Arts in Folsom (10 College Pkwy, Folsom)
- CLICK HERE for more details about this event
- Tickets are $35 per person (does not include the dinner) -- Purchase by November 15th! Tickets are limited so register quickly.
- CLICK HERE to purchase your tickets and register for dinner
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders Group on The City
- For questions, contact June Wood on The City or email
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015!
ADOPT-A-FAMILY HOLIDAY VOLUNTEER NEED
Bridgeway Adopt-a-Family for Thanksgiving & Christmas is seeking volunteers for this year's Holiday Outreach.
MEALS MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the Meals Ministry, which provides meals for members of our Bridgeway family who are in need.
- For more information or to sign up to volunteer, contact Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the Meals Ministry group on The City
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Dennis Gray at
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
Bridgeway’s very own Library offers a wide collection of 2,800 Christian books, videos, and CDs for adults and children.
- The Library is open before, between, and after all the weekend services (and during the service if volunteers are available).
- Now open Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- All materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- The Library is located in the main building, in the hallway between the Lobby and the U - shaped parking lot.
- For more information, please contact Gloria Abrott on The City
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!