What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 5/16/16
Hello Bridgeway Family!
Camp Kidsway 2016 registration is open! You'll find all the info and how to register below.
Are you looking for a place to get plugged in and serve? Many of our Bridgeway ministries have an immediate need for volunteers. CLICK HERE to check out where help is needed.
Below, you'll find a complete listing, with all of the details, about our events! Registration links are included if registration is necessary. Please take a look so you know What's Happening at Bridgeway!
CAMP KIDSWAY REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Kids, grab your friends and come join us at Camp Kidsway’s Emoji Code where you will discover the promises God has for you! God has picked special people to make promises with since the beginning of creation. These covenants changed and continue to change the world that God designed. Come learn all about these promises!
- MONDAY June 27th – FRIDAY July 1st
- 9:00am- 12:00pm each day
- Open to children ages 3 1/2 (and potty trained) through 5th Grade
- Cost: $80/child. Free for children of volunteers.
- Many volunteers are needed!
- CLICK HERE to register or sign up to volunteer
- Registration deadline date: Sunday, June 12th
- For more info, please email Kidsway at
IMPORTANT MOVE UPDATE
In recent weeks, Pastor Brian shared some important updates about our upcoming move. Here are the highlights:
Our front desk reception area is no longer in the main staff office area. It is now in the Soul Care Center (in the Lobby). If you come by the church looking for our reception area, that's where you'll need to go.
The staff offices have been temporarily set up at our new location (not in the main building where construction is happening) -- they are in the adjacent building which we will use until our permanent offices are ready for us.
The Hub building on our campus is now closed. This is an important and exciting step for us as we prepare to move to our new campus! Here is how the Hub closure will impact us on weekends until we move:
ALL Kidsway classrooms will now meet in the main building.
Middle school and high school students will be invited to join in the main service, or they will have opportunities to serve. If you are a parent or guardian of a middle school or high school student, please pay careful attention to the communication coming from our student ministry staff. They will have specific information for you about service opportunities and places for students to gather if they wish to sit together during services.
Attend on Saturday if you can. Sundays will likely be quite crowded this month. We have more space on Saturdays, so if you are able to attend church on Saturday, we encourage you to do so. If you can only come on Sundays, please do so!
The Hub building will not be available as a passageway. If you park on the north side of the campus you will not be able to walk through the Hub building to get to the main building. If you walk around the Hub on the west side (Industrial Ave.) of the building the walk isn’t much longer than it would be if you cut through the building.
We are getting really close to our move! With each passing weekend we are getting closer and closer to moving to our new home! Yes, things will be cozy this month, but just remember that the reason for that is we are preparing to step into a new building full of new opportunities for us to equip one another to bring the wholeness of Jesus to a broken world (and we’re saving A LOT of money).
PARKING TEAM INTEREST MEETING
As we move to our new campus, we need to form a Parking Team to help with traffic flow as guests find their way around our campus. This is a great way to play a huge role in making sure we make a great first impression on everyone who worships with us. If you're interested in joining this new team please join us for a brief info meeting. Our Parking Team will be a part of our Campus Guides ministry.
- SUNDAY 5.29.16 @ 12:45pm - 2:00pm
- We’ll meet in Room 1 (next to the Community Hall) on our current campus and then head down to the new campus.
- For more info: Email Brian at
EDGE (MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRIES) PARENT MEETING
Are you a parent of a middle schooler? Please join Pastor Eric Upton for "A Parent's Guide to Middle School". Come find out what it really looks like to be a parent of a middle schooler and what to expect during the formative middle school years. Find out how Edge MSM will partner with you and how to get plugged into Edge MSM. Live Q&A with Pastor Eric.
STUDENT PROMOTION WEEKEND
Bridgeway partners with families to build healthy Christ-centered homes. Through Kidsway, Edge Middle School, and Fuel High School ministries, we connect children and students to the living, giving message of Jesus through relationships.
Promotion Weekend is when school-aged children & teenagers transition into their new grade and groups. Parents of incoming 6th and 9th graders, look out for special events for Edge & Fuel. This is the perfect time to get involved with Kidsway, Edge & Fuel! Volunteers are needed!
- SATURDAY 6.4.16 & SUNDAY 6.5.16
- For questions about elementary aged children contact:
- For questions about middle school students contact:
- For questions about high school students contact: Pastor Matt at
BRIDGEBUILDERS MUNCH BUNCH
The BridgeBuilders (age 50+) invite you to join them for breakfast on the first Monday of each month. This is a casual opportunity for people to meet and mingle on a regular basis.
- MONDAY 6.6.16 @ 9:00am to 11:00am
- Held at The Original Pancake House on Fairway Drive in Roseville
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City
- For more info, please contact Becky Cardaronella on The City or email
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (1st Monday of the month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- MONDAY 6.6.16 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Meet at the flagpole at our new campus (8150 Industrial Blvd in Roseville).
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
FUEL SUMMER KICK-OFF
Come hang out with Fuel high school ministry! We hope to see our students and their families at our Summer Kick-Off party. Come enjoy food, friends, games and more!
- WEDNESDAY 6.8.16 @ 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Held at Buljan Park, 150 Hallissy Dr, Roseville
- Cost: $2 per person
- No registration required; simply show up
- For more info, please email Missy at
NICARAGUA MISSION TRIP FUNDRAISER
Come support the Nicaragua mission team and enjoy a delicious Tahoe Joe’s meal! Dine in at Tahoe Joe’s in Roseville or take out!
- THURSDAY 6.9.16 @ 11:00am to 10:00pm
- Tickets are $20 (choose from Steak, BBQ Chicken or Ribs)
- For info or to buy tickets, contact Deb Morrison Freid on The City or email
INTRODUCTION TO OUR INNER HEALING TEAM
Do you have a desire to help people find freedom and emotional healing? Join our Inner Healing Team! Come to our informational night to find out more!
- FRIDAY 6.17.16 @ 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Held in the Bridgeway Soul Care Center
- PLEASE REGISTER in case we need to notify you of a location change due to our move to our new campus!
- CLICK HERE to register
- For more info, email Laura at
BRIDGEWAY FAMILY FELLOWSHIP
Come spend a fun Friday night with your church family and friends in the Courtyard of our new campus! Join us for a great time of fellowship, dessert & a fun family movie.
- FRIDAY 6.17.16 @ 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Held in the Courtyard of our new campus
- Bring your lawn chairs and/or a blanket
- Bring a dessert to share
- For more info, email Angie at
THE LEGACY CHALLENGE 5K
Defending the Cause is excited to partner with Shoulder to Shoulder as they prepare to host their inaugural Legacy Challenge 5K timed run/walk on the steps of our State Capital! Families and community leaders will honor men that are doing a great job of fathering in the midst of a culture of fatherlessness. Please join us in celebrating amazing men and dads this Father's Day weekend!
- SATURDAY 6.18.16
- Registration begins at 6:45am at the west steps of the State Capitol at 10th and Capitol Mall.
- 5K Run/Walk begins at 8:30am
- Fees: $30 adults age 18 and over before June 4; $35 June 14 – June 17; $40 on race day; $20 age 17 and under anytime
- Pre-register by June 4th to assure a free shirt!
- CLICK HERE to register or for more info
ANNUAL CHURCH BUSINESS MEETING
Church members are invited to hear about the past year at Bridgeway and our vision for the year ahead. Members have the opportunity to approve the 2016-2017 budget.
- WEDNESDAY 6.22.16 @ 7:00pm to 8:15pm
- Held in the Worship Center
- No childcare available
YOUTH HOMESTAY PROGRAM - HOST FAMILIES NEEDED FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Share a few weeks of your life with a foreign high school student this July! American Discovery is an international home-stay organization that has many fun and exciting programs for students from different countries to connect with American families. It is a perfect way to share your culture, hobbies, and your hometown. All they need is a bed, food, some transportation, some love and fun from you!
Are you looking for a place to serve? if you are new and looking for a way to get plugged in, Bridgeway is always on the lookout for volunteers.
CLICK HERE to check out the ministries that have an immediate need for volunteers.
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
FUNDS RAISED TO DATE:$4,329,989
TOTAL COMMITMENT: $5,300,000
Please pray for:
- Any outstanding issues to be miraculously resolved
- Minimize any potential delays and the construction completion timeline to be expedited
- For ongoing safety as the construction teams work diligently to complete their work
- An outpouring of financial provision
- The right tenant to lease the excess spaces
- God to bless the land and the buildings
- Dreams of how God will use Bridgeway to reach the world for Jesus Christ
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift:
DID YOU MISS PASTOR LANCE'S BOOK RELEASE CELEBRATION?
For those of you who made it to Pastor Lance’s book release celebration, thank you for coming! It was an amazing night, and for that, we give God all the glory!
If you were not able to make it, we have it on video for you! Feel free to share the video of the evening with family members, friends, co-workers, or others you feel would be blessed by it.
The evening had two parts -- first was Pastor Lance's message on Thriving Through Fear and the second was a Q&A session. Here are the videos for both:
ONLINE GIVING E-CHECK UPDATE
The ability to give online via an E-check (electronic personal check) is now available. If you currently give online using a debit card, we ask that you move to E-check as the processing fee (a cost to the church) is much lower using this option.
- To update your online giving account or to begin giving online visit www.bridgewaychristian.org/give
CRISIS CARE TEAM
Bridgeway's Chaplain Ministry is transitioning to a Crisis Care Team. This new ministry will launch in Spring of 2016. The Crisis Care Team will help with various crisis situations such as...
- On Scene Support
- Victim & Family Support
- Illness & Injury Support
IN THE MEANTIME ...
- If you attend Bridgeway and have experienced a death or hospitalization in the family, please call the Urgent Care Line at 916-952-8887.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PRAYER REQUEST TO THE PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer Chains are powerful and we are blessed to have such an amazing team, however we would also like to encourage you to ask for prayer after the services. We have an incredible Prayer Team at the altar after every service and they are waiting to pray for you.
Or you can submit a prayer request to be posted on our Prayer Chain. There are two ways to get your prayer requests to us:
- CLICK HERE to submit an online Prayer Request Form (this is the best way to submit a prayer request)
- Fill out a Prayer Card located at the Prayer Request box near the main doors of the Worship Center. You can place it in the offering basket or in the Prayer Request box
CLICK HERE to visit the Prayer page of our website for more detailed information.
SOUL CARE FOOD CLOSET
The Soul Care Food Closet serves those in need.
- Food is available for pickup on THURSDAYS, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- In the Community Hall
- If you have food product donations, please contact Mike or Sue Bryant at for pre-approval and drop off arrangements.
- For more information, call Soul Care at 916-626-3017
WOMEN'S CONNECTING MINISTRY INFORMATION
Ladies ... do you want to receive all of the information about upcoming activities in our Bridgeway Women's Ministry? The easiest way to get notifications, including info on upcoming events and classes ... and not miss exciting news ... is to join the Women's Ministry Group on The City, our online community.
- CLICK HERE to join the Women's Ministry group on The City
- For more information or for questions, please contact Diane Bussani at
HEART 2 HEART WOMEN'S MENTORING MINISTRY
Ladies, are you looking for a place to serve and connect? Do you have special knowledge or life experience to share with others? Heart to Heart, the women’s mentoring ministry at Bridgeway is looking for new mentors. One of the great benefits of mentoring is seeing the many ways God uses your experience and expertise to speak into someone else’s life. Likewise, if you would like to have someone you can come to for Biblically based guidance with life’s circumstances, or for help in furthering your spiritual walk, you might consider requesting a mentor.
ON-GOING WOMEN'S 12-STEP RECOVERY GROUP
Using a biblical approach to the 12-step program, this on-going group helps women break free from addiction from things such as drugs, alcohol, food, sex and more.
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
The Bridgeway Library is now closed. To allow us to pack for our upcoming move, please return any Library materials you have checked out to the Book Return box located in the Soul Care Center. Existing Bridgeway library cards can be used once we re-open in the new building.
SOUL CARE COACHING MINISTRY
Want to take tangible steps closer to God? Want to grow in your faith and just don't quite know where to start? Do you know what God wants you to do but just haven't done it yet? The Faith Coaching Ministry has trained volunteers ready to meet with and help you take the next step in growing in your faith.
- Day, evening and weekend appointment times available.
- CLICK HERE to learn more and make an appointment (Visit the Life Coaching page)
- For more info about Soul Care visit www.mysoulcare.com
BUDGET COACHING MINISTRY
Budget coaching at Bridgeway is:
- Tailored to your needs
- Reasonably priced—$10 total for as many sessions as you need
- Budget planning strategies
- Savings plan
- Debt elimination techniques
- Joyful giving
Contact Virginia Edwards on The City, at or at 916-300-7881
BLOODSOURCE DONATIONS TO SUPPORT HAITI MEDICAL CLINIC
Source plasma donations are specifically collected to develop lifesaving medicines and therapies for patients with neurological disorders, immune deficiencies, bleeding disorders and more. BloodSource has partnered with Bridgeway! If anyone from Bridgeway makes a donation of anything except whole blood (such as source plasma) at any BloodSource location, BloodSource will donate $100 to Bridgeway! That money will then be used to support our Haiti church partner's medical clinic.
- CLICK HERE to find out more info about source plasma
- For more info, please contact Matt Loeffler at
"GATHERING IN STYLE" FOR THE HOMELESS
Do your shopping where the profits benefit the Gathering Inn homeless ministry at the new women's clothing shop, GATHERING IN STYLE, in Roseville. This store is overstocked with clothing mainly from Macy's! All the profits go to help the homeless at The Gathering Inn. Please come and shop! Thank you!
- "Gathering in Style" ... 1811 Douglas Blvd, Suite 4, Roseville (in the Hobby Lobby & Ross Shopping Center)
- Each month, Bridgeway is a host church for The Gathering Inn. CLICK HERE to find out how to get involved!
- For more info contact Monica Barber on The City or email