What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 10/9/14
Pastor Lance is teaching a 7 week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural on Monday nights through November 10th. If you've missed any sessions, CLICK HERE to download them. Find out more info below. We hope to see you there.
October 11th & 12th is the last weekend that Yaaka Afrika will be in the Bridgeway Lobby with sponsorship opportunities at the Toggo & Gomba International Children's Centers. Approximately 800 children still need sponsors! Please see additional details below.
Looking for a way to volunteer? Check out the Service Opportunities section at the bottom of this What's Happening at Bridgeway?
We have so many more events happening at Bridgeway. Please take a look at the information listed below. Registration links are included if registration is necessary.
Have a great week Bridgeway!
Pastor Lance is teaching a 7 week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural. Pastor Lance will teach for 1 hour and then answer questions for 30 minutes. The event is stripped down for the sake of simplicity and to honor the rest our staff and volunteers need on a Monday night after serving all weekend. If you are not able to attend we will be recording the event and make it available as soon as possible. We hope to see you there.
- MONDAYS 9.29.14 - 11.10.14 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center (Sanctuary)
- CLICK HERE to download the audio file if you missed a class
- No childcare or coffee available.
- For more info contact Joanne Moody on The City or email
YAAKA AFRIKA - SPONSOR A CHILD ... CHANGE A LIFE
Bridgeway has partnered with Pastor Steven Trint of Yaaka Afrika since 2008. We now have two campuses and nearly 1,500 students at the Toggo and Gomba International Children's Centers. If you sponsored a child last year, it’s time to re-sponsor for 2015. Approximately 800 children still need sponsors! Please come visit us in the lobby to sponsor a child!
- CONTINUES THROUGH SUNDAY 10.12.14 (before and after all weekend services)
- In the Lobby of the Main Building
- For more info, please contact Courtney Smith on The City or email or visit www.yaakaafrika.org
Join us for another trip to work with our church partner in Haiti. Ministry includes VBS, medical clinic, prayer walking, trade school, micro finance and evangelistic outreach. All are welcome.
- Trip Application Deadline: TUESDAY 10.14.14
- TRIP DATES: FRIDAY 1.9.15 – SATURDAY 1.17.15
- Cost: Approximately $1,500
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- First meeting is Tuesday October 14th at the Loeffler home.
- For more info or directions to the meeting, contact Matt Loeffler at
HAVEN CREATIVE WORSHIP MINISTRY: MOVEMENT AS WORSHIP
Please join us as we move in worship together. No experience necessary. All ages are welcome.
- SUNDAY 10.19.14 @ 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Held in the Community Hall
- For more details or to RSVP email,
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE HAVEN GROUP ON THE CITY
If you are new to Bridgeway, we'd love to have you join the pastors, staff, elders & ministry leaders for an elegant dessert buffet. Childcare is provided with RSVP.
- FRIDAY 10.24.14 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Held in the Worship Center
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more info, email Angie at or call the Church Office at 916.408-6560
LEADING IN THESE TIMES REGIONAL CONFERENCE
Mark your calendar for the 2014 “Leading In These Times - A City That Looks Like Heaven” Conference. This conference seeks to ignite, train, and encourage churches, ministry leaders, and believers in the Sacramento region. Our hope is that joining our unique gifts and God-given passions will help spark a regional move of God. As we learn from one another, the Body of Christ will be stirred to mobilize and serve together in unity. Our prayer is that this model will help revive thousands of churches and awaken millions of souls across America!
- SATURDAY 10.25.14 @ 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Registration Deadline: SATURDAY 10.18.14
- Held at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 3995 14th Ave, Sacramento (Cross streets: Between San Carlos Way and 40th St)
- CLICK HERE to register
- VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED - Conference is free for those who volunteer!
- To volunteer or for more info, email your name and phone # to Tracy Benda at
DEFENDING THE CAUSE EXPO
Please come check out the numerous ministry opportunities to serve orphans, widows, and fatherless children. Our leadership team will be available with information about mentoring, respite nights, the care closet, our monthly prayer meetings, Safe Families, global orphan care, adoption, foster-care, and so much more!
- SATURDAY 10.25.14 & SUNDAY 10.26.14 before and after all services
- In the Community Hall
- We'll also have T-shirts and quilts for sale so make sure to stop by!
MEXICALI MISSIONS TRIP INFO MEETING
Come and hear from Pastor Matt and other Mexicali leadership about the Spring 2015 trip! This trip is open to all age groups, families, students and adults ... all are welcome!
CHRISTMAS SHOWCASE AUDITIONS
Come audition for the Drama ministry’s production “Back In Time”, a Christmas variety show. The production will be similar to last year’s Christmas Remembered theater show with musical & comedy acts from the 1940’s era. For ideas, just think about your favorite singers or favorite comedy acts from the 40s. Prior acts in 2012 and 2013 included Abbot & Costello, I Love Lucy, Andrew’s Sisters, Frank Sinatra, Martin & Lewis.
- AUDITIONS: SUNDAY 10.26.14 @ 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- In On-Site Rocklin
- Performance Dates: December 19th, 20th & 21st
- If you have a specific comedy act or song you’d like to perform from this era or if you just want to audition for any available spots please RSVP to Jay Evans at
- Be sure to bring any props and music (CD) needed.
Attention cutthroats, thieves, pirates, and all other BridgeBuilders! Riches beyond your wildest imagination await the lucky ones who discover hidden treasure on our Treasure Hunt! The fun and excitement will begin sharply at 2:49 pm, so don’t be late! Our cutthroat captain, Bob Rhodes, will be leading this exciting and mysterious hunt. You won’t want to miss it!
Dinner will follow at 5 p.m. at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Roseville (on Sunrise between Douglas and Cirby). Should you not succeed in claiming the fortune for your own, be prepared to buy your own dinner!
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. All are welcome!
Are you new to Bridgeway? If you’ve been here for 6 months or less, we invite you to come meet our pastors and staff for an hour of informal Q&A.
- SATURDAY 11.1.14 @ 8:00pm OR SUNDAY 11.2.14 @ 1:00pm
- Held in Room 1, next to the Community Hall
- No registration needed, just show up
- We hope to see you there!
- For more info, email Tracy Benda at
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
Reveille is hosting a Night Out for all Active Duty Military Families. This is an evening of fun, safe, free childcare so you can enjoy cherished time out with your spouse or time alone! Childcare is free but children must be registered by Friday, October 31st.
- FRIDAY 11.7.14 @ 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- CLICK HERE to register your child/children
- For more info, email Dave Winter at
ASK PASTOR LANCE
Join us for an hour of informal Q&A with Pastor Lance after 2nd Service on Saturday.
- SATURDAY 11.8.14 @ 8:00pm to 9:00pm
- In the Worship Center
This class is designed to introduce you to the various ministries at Bridgeway. Meet some of the leadership here at Bridgeway to find out more about their ministries and how you can get involved.
- SATURDAY 11.8.14 @ 6:00pm – 7:30pm OR
- SUNDAY 11.9.14 @ 11:15am – 12:45pm
- Held in Room 303 (located between the church office and the HUB)
- No registration needed; simply show up
Christians United For Israel invites you to its annual tribute "A Night to Honor Israel". This year's speakers include Mark Biltz, Rabbis David and Nancy Wechsler-Azen of Congregation Beth Shalom, Bishop Parnell Lovelace and more. Music will be provided by Wild Branches and Friends.
- SUNDAY 11.9.14 @ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Trinity Life Center, 5225 Hillsdale Blvd, Sacramento (Off I-80 and Madison)
- Admission is FREE (unless attending the dinner).
- A pre-event Israeli-style buffet dinner will be held at
5:00pm. A limited number of dinner tickets are available. Cost: $75 each or two for $125.
- For tickets, call 916-532-3721 or email
Learn about Bridgeway’s history, beliefs, values, vision and the benefits and expectations of membership.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS & TALENTS WORKSHOP
Discover how God has gifted you and how you can use your gifts, talents and experience to better serve Him in ministry and in the marketplace. Everyone welcome! The Workshop is FREE but please register online.
- SUNDAY 11.16.14 @ 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- In Classroom 1 (next to the Community Hall)
- CLICK HERE to register for the Workshop
- For more info, email Pastor Jason at
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015!
ADOPT-A-FAMILY HOLIDAY VOLUNTEER NEED
Bridgeway Adopt-a-Family for Thanksgiving & Christmas is seeking volunteers for this year's Holiday Outreach.
MEALS MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the Meals Ministry, which provides meals for members of our Bridgeway family who are in need.
- For more information or to sign up to volunteer, contact Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the Meals Ministry group on The City
LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Library is in need of friendly and helpful volunteers. Here's what's involved:
- Able to committee to one Service a month (greatest need is at the Saturday 6:00 pm and Sunday 9:00 am services)
- Flexibility (willing to swap or add on a week when available)
- 1 1/2 hour training session before being plugged into the schedule
- Familiarity with computers (you will be trained on Resource Mate Library system)
- Adding patrons to the system, checking books out/in/renewing, processing overdue fines
- Help people find titles
- Shelve books in the correct place
- If you are interested please contact Gloria Abrott on The City or e-mail
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
The Food Closet is losing some of its weekly sources for food. Donations from our congregation would be greatly appreciated!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
Bridgeway’s homeless ministry (Alongside) is in need of gently used men’s clothing.
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Dennis Gray at
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
Bridgeway’s very own Library offers a wide collection of 2,800 Christian books, videos, and CDs for adults and children.
- The Library is open before, between, and after all the weekend services (and during the service if volunteers are available).
- Now open Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- All materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- The Library is located in the main building, in the hallway between the Lobby and the U - shaped parking lot.
- Volunteers are needed! To volunteer, please contact Gloria Abrott on The City
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!