What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 7/17/14
We hope you'll join us this weekend (July 19th & 20th), after 2nd service on Saturday and Sunday, outside the main entrance as we gather as a family to witness our brothers and sisters get baptized!
Also, Fall Launch is coming in August! For those of you who are new to Bridgeway, this is when you have the opportunity to sign up for Fall semester classes and Bible studies. More details to follow soon!
Last, but not least, we have just scheduled an All Church Potluck & Movie Night coming up on Friday, August 22nd (details below).
We have so many more events to tell you about. Please see all the important happenings below.
Have a great week Bridgeway!
CHAIR MINISTRY HELP NEEDED
The Bridgeway Chair ministry is in need of volunteers who can help with special events periodically throughout the year. Opportunities to serve include:
- Moving chairs (set up or re-set)
- Setting up or taking down tables
- Special need for a weekly Tuesday set up crew
- To volunteer, email Dan Bean at
KIDSWAY CHILDCARE WORKERS NEEDED
Kidsway is now accepting applications for paid childcare positions beginning in September.
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Jay Vincent at
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!
MEN'S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
EDGE (MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY) VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Looking to build community while impacting lives and making a difference? Edge Middle School Ministry is seeking volunteers who are willing to invest in middle school students, families, and each other. We are passionate about having a fun time and helping middle school students develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. The challenge is great, the rewards are greater!
- Weekend table leaders and midweek small group leaders are needed!
- To volunteer, contact Kim Kemper on The City or email
HAVEN CREATIVE WORSHIP MINISTRY: CROCKER ART MUSEUM FIELD TRIP
Join Haven Creative Worship Ministry as we have a picnic lunch and visit Sacramento’s wonderful Crocker Art Museum.
- SATURDAY 7.19.14 @ 11:00am to 3:30pm
- Meet in the inner Bridgeway parking lot to carpool
- Bring a sack lunch.
- Crocker Art Museum Entry fee: Adults $10; Seniors (65 +) $8; College Students $8; Youth (7-17) $5; Children (6 and under) are free
- For more details or to RSVP email,
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE HAVEN GROUP ON THE CITY
BRIDGEBUILDERS SUMMER BRUNCH
BridgeBuilders (age 50+) hosts a summer brunch. Enjoy outdoor fun & great fellowship.
- SATURDAY 7.19.14 @ 9:30am - 12:00pm
- Held at at the Sun City Lincoln Hills Sports Pavilion in Lincoln
- Sign up for what to bring on The City (BridgeBuilders Group) or email Pinky Hordyk at
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE BRIDGEBUILDERS GROUP ON THE CITY
MENTORING FATHERLESS & VULNERABLE YOUTH CLASS
Every child deserves and needs a father but not every child has one. A mentor can help! This 3 week course, based on “The Mentoring Project” by Donald Miller, helps prepare men and women to become effective mentors.
- SUNDAYS 7.27.14 - 8.10.14 @ 9:00am - 10:30am
- Held in Room 302 (located between the Hub and the church offices)
- Form more, email: Ed Cole at
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASS
Come out for an awesome night to support Bridgeway Films and Kejo as we launch production on the new comedy "In God We Trust". The concert will feature Christian rap artist, Transparent, and Roseville’s own Ben Woodward. It's going to be a great evening with good music, special surprises, and info about the new film! See you there!
- SUNDAY 7.27.14 @ 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tickets: General Admission $7; VIP $15; $10 at the door
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A TICKET
- For more info, email
ADOPT-A-SCHOOL - SCHOOL SUPPLY COLLECTION
Consider donating one or more of the following school supplies for Bridgeway's adopted school, the First Street School in Lincoln.
Bring your donated supplies to the Community Hall on the weekends of August 2nd/3rd or August 9th/10th.
- washable markers
- glue sticks
- white school glue
- ballpoint pens (blue, black & red)
- boxes of Kleenex
- hand sanitizer
- bleach wipes
- dry erase markers
- ziplock bags (all sizes)
- highlighter pens
- wide-ruled notebook paper
- reams of white copy paper
- reams of colored copy paper
- 3-ring binders (2 inch)
- subject dividers
GUADALAJARA MISSION TRIP INFORMATION
Join us on a missions trip to work with our missionaries, Darren and Justin Hurst, in Guadalajara, Mexico. The trip will consist of construction, fellowship with the youth in their ministry, and community outreach.
- Info Meeting with Justin Hurst: SUNDAY 8.3.14 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm in Room 1 (next to the Community Hall)
- Trip Application deadline: MONDAY 8.25.14
- TRIP DATES: SATURDAY 1.24.15 - FRIDAY 1.30.15
- Cost: $1450
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO about the Hurst brothers and the mission work being done in Guadalajara.
- For more info about the mission trip, contact Jeff Haakenson on The City or contact
UGANDA WINTER MISSION TRIP
Join the Bridgeway Uganda missions team this December as we continue to partner with Yaaka Afrika in Uganda. We will be hosting the Yaaka Annual Youth Camp at Toggo International Children's Center. Additionally, our team will be partnering with native missionaries and Pastor Steven Trint, in open air evangelism, door to door fellowship, discipleship, community outreach and the deepening of relationships between the Ugandan and American Church.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY 8.5.14
- TRIP DATES: SATURDAY 12.27.14 - SATURDAY 1.10.15
- COST: Approximately $3,200
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- For more information, contact
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- TUESDAY 8.5.14 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
WOMEN'S MINISTRY COFFEE & CHOCOLATE
Are you wanting to connect with the women at Bridgeway but not sure how? Are you new to Bridgeway and just want to meet other women? Would you like to check out the many opportunities Bridgeway Women have to connect during the year? Come join us for a FREE evening of Coffee and Chocolate to find out all you ever wanted to know about Women's Ministry and engage with the leaders in each area of ministry within Women's Ministry.
- FRIDAY 8.8.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Held in the Hub Chapel
- CLICK HERE TO RSVP ON THE CITY
- To RSVP by email or for more info contact Vicki Graeff at
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WOMEN'S MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
JOURNEYS GAME NIGHT
Come join Journeys (Singles age 30 - 49) for a FREE night of fun, games, fellowship, laughter and food. This is a kid friendly event.
- FRIDAY 8.8.14 @ 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- In the Community Hall
- Pizza will be provided
- Bring a side dish or dessert to share
- Bring your favorite game and your game face
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE JOURNEYS GROUP ON THE CITY
BACK-TO-SCHOOL MOMS GATHERING
This half-day event for moms will encourage, support, inspire & equip you as you prepare to serve your families this new school year. If you have kids who attend school outside the home (public or private), this event is for you.
- SATURDAY 8.9.14 @ 9:00am to 1:00pm (doors open at 8:30am)
- Bring your mom-friends and neighbors.
- Cost is $10 ($8 if you bring in a new school supply for Bridgeway's adopted school, the First Street School in Lincoln).
- Held in the Hub Chapel.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- For more information, email Janel Thomas at
PRAYER MINISTRY - EVENING OF PREPARATION
As we begin our 40 day fast on Tuesday, August 12th we invite everyone to prepare by coming before the Lord as one body, asking Him to examine our hearts and restore us to right relationship with the Father. This will be a time of worship and scripture based prayer focused on the power of Jesus Christ to cleanse, renew and equip us for ministry.
- SUNDAY 8.10.14 @ 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- In On-Site Rocklin
- For more information, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 8.14.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 303 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- Info, email
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE BRIDGEWAY PRISON MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
FUEL (HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY) PARENT TOWN HALL
Parents of high school students are invited to take part in our Parent Town Hall meeting. Pastor Matt will be discussing what's new in our ministry and where its headed. Come and enjoy desserts and coffee and meet other parents and the Fuel staff. This meeting will coincide with Fuel youth group, please bring your student and stay for the meeting!
- THURSDAY 8.14.14 @ 7:15pm to 9:00pm
- In the Community Hall
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE FUEL GROUP ON THE CITY
- For more info, contact Greta Dushane at
BRIDGEWAY'S 5TH ANNUAL GOLF INVITATIONAL -- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Men and women, you are cordially invited to take part in the excitement of our 5th Annual Bridgeway Golf Invitational. This year’s event again promises to be a fun-filled day loaded with prizes, good food and fellowship all for a great cause, the College Golf Fellowship.
- FRIDAY 8.15.14 @ 11:00am to 8:00pm (1:00pm shotgun start)
- Held at the beautiful Lincoln Hills Golf Club in Lincoln
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- For more info visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Ron Cody at
ALL CHURCH POTLUCK & MOVIE NIGHT
Spend a fun Friday night and join us in Bridgeway's U-Shaped Parking lot for a great time of fellowship, food & a great family movie "The Croods". Wrap up the summer with your church family and friends.
- FRIDAY 8.22.14 @ 6:30pm - 10:00pm
- Bring a potluck dish to share, chairs or blankets.
- Drinks, popcorn and snowcones provided.
- No registration needed, just show up.
- For more information contact Angie Brown on The City or email
Guys we are excited to partner with The Rock of Roseville, Center of Praise and Bayside of South Sac in a regional retreat at the beautiful Woodleaf YoungLife Camp in Challenge,CA. Pastor Lance, Bishop Lovelace, Pastor Anfuso and Pastor Wesley will be speaking.
- FRIDAY 10.3.14 - SUNDAY 10.5.14
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND SPACE IS LIMITED. Don’t miss out!
- Cost: $150 per person.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEN'S MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
- For more Info, visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Steve Ernst at