What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 8/28/14
Our next Baby Dedication Special Service is scheduled for Sunday, October 12th at 2:00pm. Registration to dedicate your child is now open (see details below). Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 24th.
We have so many more events to tell you about. Please see all the important happenings below.
Have a great week Bridgeway!
FUEL HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY MID-WEEK SERVICE CHANGES!
After much prayer and discussion, Fuel High School Ministry’s mid-week service is moving to Wednesdays beginning September 3rd! Bridgeway is seeking to create a more family centered, midweek ministry night. This is a night where small groups, classes, studies, children’s ministry and youth ministry can be centralized. Edge Middle School Ministry will continue to meet on Wednesdays from 6:30pm - 8:30pm which allows the students of both Fuel and Edge to be dropped off and picked up at roughly the same time.
HAVEN CREATIVE WORKSHIP MINISTRY: 40 DAY "ACTS OF KINDNESS" PROJECT
What creative gift has God blessed you with? Are you a good cook? Do you knit or paint or love to take photographs? Use your gift as a form of creative prayer to bless others as part of our 40 Days of Preparation for the Worship, Prayer & Healing Night. Come join us as we work on projects together or for help coming up with ideas.
- SUNDAY, AUGUST 31ST @ 3:00PM - 5:00PM
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH @ 3:00PM - 5:00PM
- In the Community Hall
- Art supplies will be available or you can bring your own
- More info, email
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE HAVEN GROUP ON THE CITY
BRIDGEWAY FILMS KICKSTARTER
Bridgeway Films is doing a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for our new film, In God We Trust, shooting locally this fall. The first phase of this fundraiser ends August 31st.
ALL CHURCH 40 DAY FAST CONTINUES
Join us as we continue our 40 day fast to prepare our hearts for a great move of God at our Worship, Prayer & Healing night taking place Sunday, September 21st at Capital Christian Center.
- Fast ends: SATURDAY 9.20.14 @ 11:59pm
- CLICK HERE FOR A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR LANCE
GOLD COUNTRY STAND DOWN (MILITARY VETERANS)
Many of our Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans are still suffering and the church clearly has a role in sharing the gospel and sacrificing in a way that brings healing and redemption.
If you are interested in supporting our military veterans, specifically the homeless population, there is a terrific opportunity in September, 2014 coming up locally. We look forward to hearing from you and how the Lord might be moving you to assist.
- CLICK HERE to find out about the September event or how to get involved.
- For more info, contact David Sachs on The City
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015!
- 10 day tour (plus 2 days travel) with GTI Tours
- Cost: $3800-$4200
- If interested, contact Pastor Matt Bach on The City or email
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- TUESDAY 9.2.14 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. All are welcome!
- SATURDAY 9.6.14 @ 7:00am to 8:15am
- Sunrise Community Church, 8321 Greenback Lane in Fair Oaks
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
HOMESCHOOL SUPPORT MONTHLY MEETINGS
Do you homeschool your children? Looking for a support group where you can be encouraged, educated and equipped? Come to see if the Bridgeway Homeschool Support Group is for you and your family! We have monthly support meetings, older and younger educational field trips, kid’s socials, mentorship, special events and most importantly, community.
- MONDAY 9.8.14 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- In the Community Hall
- For more information or to find out how to sign up and join our group, please contact Brenda Johnston at (916) 780-5457 or
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 9.11.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 303 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- Info, email
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Ministry Group on The City
This class is designed to introduce you to the various ministries at Bridgeway. Meet some of the leadership here at Bridgeway to find out more about their ministries and how you can get involved.
- SATURDAY 9.13.14 @ 6:00pm – 7:30pm OR
- SUNDAY 9.14.14 @ 11:15am – 12:45pm
- Held in Room 303 (located between the church office and the HUB)
- No registration needed; simply show up
CHRISTIAN COLLEGE FAIR
William Jessup University presents the Christian College Fair, here at Bridgeway! Representatives from over 35 national & regional Christian colleges and universities will be here to provide info and answer questions.
- MONDAY 9.15.14 @ 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center
- For more info, contact Vance Pascua at 916-577-2221.
ROMANIA - NEW WINTER MISSION TRIP - INFORMATION
Join us this winter as we partner with Heart2Heart International in Romania. Heart2Heart ministers in a number of ways to abandoned and orphaned children in the state operated orphanages. Heart2Heart also cares for abandoned infants and toddlers, provides education for school-aged children and mentors and disciples older teens who have been institutionalized throughout their childhood. This winter we have the opportunity to join their mission by loving on these children though VBS, mentoring, holiday celebration and visiting the baby hospitals.
- Trip Application deadline: MONDAY 9.15.14
- TRIP DATES: FRIDAY 12.26.14 – WEDNESDAY 1.7.15
- Cost: $3,000
- Team size allowance: 10
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- For more info about the mission trip, contact Courtney Smith on The City or email
CAMBODIA MISSION TRIP INFORMATION
Join a team partnering with Agape International Mission for two weeks of ministry in Svay Pak, Cambodia. Minister in a culture saturated with the sex trafficking of young girls. Work with youth, community outreach and light construction.
ADOPTIVE AND FOSTER FAMILY RESPITE NIGHT
Defending the Cause ministry is hosting a FREE respite night for foster and adoptive parents so that they can enjoy a night out while we watch the kids! Each child will be partnered with an adult buddy, eat dinner, do crafts and then watch a movie. Kids must be registered and spots fill up fast.
- FRIDAY 9.19.14 @ 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- In the Community Hall
- CLICK HERE to register your child
- CLICK HERE to volunteer to help with the event or for more information about the Bridgeway Defending the Cause Ministry
- For more info, email Tiffany at
FUEL HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES - AMP'D OPEN GYM
Fuel High School Ministry & other high school ministries in the area are joining together for a FREE epic night of sports, games and fun at the William Jessup activities warehouse!
- FRIDAY 9.19.14 @ 7:00pm – 11:00pm
- Held at William Jessup University Activities Warehouse, 333 Sunset Blvd in Rockln
- Students should wear comfortable clothes, suitable for sports activities, and bring money for the snack bar.
- Bring some friends!
- Some of the activities include: volleyball, batting cages, ping pong, basketball and inflatable boxing!
- For more information email Greta Dushane:
Please join us for a fun-filled time of cooking and fellowship as we prepare freezer meals for the Meal Ministry.
- SATURDAY 9.20.14 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- In the Kitchen of the Main Building
- We need five volunteers for this Cooking Club date
- Please RSVP to Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
Learn about Bridgeway’s history, beliefs, values, vision and the benefits and expectations of membership.
WORSHIP, PRAYER & HEALING NIGHT 2014
Come join a regional partnership of 650 invited churches for an evening of Worship, Prayer and Healing. We feel called to seek and honor the Lord and call upon His name together. We are excited for the unity God is bringing into our region. Anyone in need of healing is encouraged to attend.
- SUNDAY 9.21.14 @ 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Held at Capital Christian Center
- Address: 9470 Micron Ave, Sacramento
- To sign up to serve on the Prayer Team for the event, email Carrie Rojas at
- To volunteer to help with the event please email Casey Stauble at
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Ladies, join us as we come together for a night of prayer, in preparation for the IF: Gathering February 2015 event. Ladies throughout the world will be getting on their knees and praying for God to awaken all of us as to what He is doing. We will ask Him to use us for the good of others and for His glory.
Schedule a time to pray with Pastor Steven Trint from Uganda. Prayer and counsel time slots fill up quickly so register soon!
- PRAYER TIMES: TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS, 9.23.14 - 10.9.14 @ 9:30am - 4:30pm (last appointment time is 3:30pm)
- Held in the Conference/Prayer Room in the Main Building
- CLICK HERE to schedule a prayer time
- For more info, contact Courtney Smith on The City or email
Join us for this special Baby Dedication Service. Let's pray for and support the families that are having their little ones dedicated to the LORD.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE to dedicate your child is WEDNESDAY 9.24.14
- Baby Dedication is SUNDAY 10.12.14 @ 2:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center (Sanctuary)
- CLICK HERE to register to dedicate your child
- CLICK HERE for a message from Pastor Lance about Baptism vs Baby Dedication
- For more info contact Diane Pascua on The City or email
GUADALAJARA MISSION TRIP INFORMATION
Join us on a missions trip to work with our missionaries, Darren and Justin Hurst, in Guadalajara, Mexico. The trip will consist of construction, fellowship with the youth in their ministry, and community outreach.
- Trip Application deadline has been extended to: WEDNESDAY 9.24.14
- TRIP DATES: SATURDAY 1.24.15 – FRIDAY 1.30.15
- Cost: $1450
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO about the Hurst brothers and the mission work being done in Guadalajara.
- For more info about the mission trip, contact Jeff Haakenson on The City or contact
Come join us on a tour of Bridgeway’s main communication hub “THE CITY”. Discover all of the wonderful things it offers. Find out how to connect with friends, sign up for groups and look for serving opportunities! Learn basic navigation tips such as customizing personal settings, adjusting your email settings and much more.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS & TALENTS WORKSHOP
Discover how God has gifted you and how you can use your gifts, talents and experience to better serve Him in ministry and in the marketplace. Everyone welcome! The Workshop is FREE but please register online.
- SUNDAY 9.28.14 @ 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- In Classroom 1 (next to the Community Hall)
- CLICK HERE to register for the Workshop
- For more info, email Pastor Jason at
JOURNEYS (SINGLES AGE 30 - 49) FALL LAUNCH
MEN’S REGIONAL RETREAT -- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Guys we are excited to partner with The Rock of Roseville, Center of Praise and Bayside of South Sac in a regional retreat at the beautiful Woodleaf YoungLife Camp in Challenge,CA. Pastor Lance, Bishop Lovelace, Pastor Anfuso and Pastor Wesley will be speaking.
- FRIDAY 10.3.14 - SUNDAY 10.5.14
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND SPACE IS LIMITED. Don’t miss out!
- Cost: $150 per person.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEN'S MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
- For more Info, visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Steve Ernst at
Reveille is hosting a Night Out for all Active Duty Military Families. This is an evening of fun, safe, free childcare so you can enjoy cherished time out with your spouse or time alone! Childcare is free but children must be registered by Friday, September 26th.
- FRIDAY 10.3.14 @ 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- CLICK HERE to register your child/children
- For more info, email Dave Winter at
Back by popular demand! Special guest prayer leader and retreat speaker, Alice Moss, is returning to teach on the power of worship based prayer. She will be sharing an encouraging and practical message on seeking the face and heart of God through prayer. This event is open to anyone who desires the encouragement and tools to develop a deeper prayer life.
- SATURDAY 10.4.14 @ 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- Held in the Hub Chapel
- Workshop is FREE but please RSVP
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more information, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
EDGE (MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY) VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Looking to build community while impacting lives and making a difference? Edge Middle School Ministry is seeking volunteers who are willing to invest in middle school students, families, and each other. We are passionate about having a fun time and helping middle school students develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. The challenge is great, the rewards are greater!
- Weekend table leaders and midweek small group leaders are needed!
- To volunteer, contact Michelle Eastman on The City or email
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Jay Vincent at
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!