What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 10/17/16
Happy Fall Bridgeway Family!
It's time to prepare for our Regional Worship, Prayer and Healing Gathering coming up November 13th .... To prepare, we are in the middle of our All Church 40 Day Fast. It's not too late to join us if you are just now hearing about this! Check out all of the details listed below.
We also need your help filling The Christmas Center for families in need. Check out the Christmas Center section below to find out how you can help.
Are you looking for a place to get plugged in and serve? Many of our Bridgeway ministries have an immediate need for volunteers. CLICK HERE to check out where help is needed.
Below, you'll find a complete listing, with all of the details, about our events! Registration links are included if registration is necessary. Please take a look so you know What's Happening at Bridgeway!
HAVE YOU CREATED A BRIDGEWAY ONLINE ACCOUNT YET?
In order to be able to register for any of our events, classes or make a financial donation you need a Bridgeway Online Account.
- If you HAVE NOT already created a Bridgeway Online Account, please CLICK HERE to do so
- If you are unsure if you already have an online account, or have any questions, email Michelle Eastman at
ALL CHURCH 40 DAY FAST
Join us as we fast as a church family to prepare our hearts for a great move of God at our Regional Worship, Prayer & Healing Gathering on Sunday, November 13th right here at Bridgeway! We also have a 40-Day devotional “Praying Through the Names of God” available (see below to download devotional).
PRAYER TIME WITH PASTOR STEVE FROM UGANDA
Pastor Steve is here from Uganda to spend some time with us this month! As part of his time in the US, he enjoys serving us and spending time praying for you. If you could use some time to talk and be prayed for by him, sign up for a prayer time (see how to sign up below). His time is limited and sign ups are first come first serve so don’t wait.
- CLICK HERE to sign up for a prayer time with Pastor Steve
- All meetings will be in Prayer Room 1 (Connected to Main Lobby)
- For questions, email Matt Loeffler at
BRIDGEWAY CAFE BARISTAS NEEDED
Do you enjoy serving others? Would you like to volunteer as a barista in our new café? We will begin training in October. We look forward to having you join our team!
- CLICK HERE to fill out a volunteer application
- For questions about volunteering, please contact Jodi Montgomery on The City, or email
THE CHRISTMAS CENTER
Bridgeway we need your help! We are aiming to fill our new Christmas Center with your generous Christmas gift donations for those who may be experiencing financial difficulties. Please bring an unwrapped gift (valued at $25 and appropriate for ages 2-18) to the Christmas Center table in the Main Lobby during any weekend service October 1st through November 27th. For gift ideas please visit the Christmas Center Lobby table beginning October 1st!
The Christmas Center is a collaborative service provided by Bridgeway Christian Church designed to partner with families, organizations and the community who may be experiencing financial difficulties by providing an opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts at an affordable price. Gifts are available to our guests at a significantly reduced rate (80% off retail value), which allows candidates to Christmas shop. This method offers families the opportunity to participate in the gift-giving part of Christmas by partnering with our guests with a hand-up instead of a hand-out. Bridgeway offers a shopping experience that does not come with the financial stress and burden so that children (18 and younger) can open gifts from their support systems, families and guardians on Christmas morning.
- GIFT COLLECTION DATES: Continuing through 11.27.16
- GIFT DROP OFF LOCATION: Weekend services -- Bring donations to the Christmas Center table in the Main Lobby. During the week: Drop gifts in the Christmas Center Collection bin in the South Lobby (near the flagpole entrance)
- Please bring the gift ($25 value) unwrapped
- Please provide gifts appropriate for ages 2 to 18 years
- CLICK HERE to purchase a gift via our Gift Registry or to get gift ideas
- VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED to serve in the Christmas Center the first two weekends of December. CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer.
- CLICK HERE or email
BRIDGEWAY ALONGSIDE CARE COLLECTION DRIVE
Bridgeway Alongside Care is in need of donations to bless our partners in the Sacramento area. Here are the details on what's needed:
- COLLECTION DRIVE DATES: Now through 10.22.16
- DONATION ITEMS NEEDED: toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, wipes, sanitary napkins, new men's and women's underwear, gently used or new clothing, leashes, and dog food.
- DROP OFF LOCATION: Bring donations to the Alongside Care Collection bin in the South Lobby (near the flagpole entrance)
- For more info, please contact Deb Freid at
WRAPPED IN PRAYER - WOMEN'S NEEDLE ARTS GROUP
Wrapped in Prayer, our women’s needle arts group, is back on campus! Please join the group and bring your sewing, knitting, crocheting and other needle art skills or come and learn any of these skills—all are welcome!
- Meets on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month @ 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Held in The Commons (basement level)
- CLICK HERE to join the Wrapped in Prayer group on The City
- For more info, please contact Loretta Walker on The City or email
MONTHLY HAVEN VISUAL ARTISTS MEETING
CALL FOR ARTISTS - Join us as we interact with God through the visual arts. We meet on the second Friday of each month to encourage and enable you in your walk of art and faith.
UGANDA 2017 MISSION TRIP INFO MEETING
We're gearing up for another exciting mission trip to Uganda in the summer of 2017! We are hoping to have a big group going. Join Pastor Lance for the official grand opening of Toggo Children's Centre (TICC), the school that Bridgeway helped build. We will also be putting on a VBS, sports program, doing evangelism and helping with the construction of the Toggo high school.
- SUNDAY 10.23.16 @ 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Held in Classroom 2 (Room 209, 2nd Floor)
- For more info, please email Matt Loeffler at
BRIDGEBUILDERS (AGE 50+) MISSIONAL GATHERING
BridgeBuilders (age 50+) hosts an evening of fellowship and food at our new campus. Please invite your friends and bring an appetizer for 6 to 8 people.
- SUNDAY 10.23.16 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Held in the Main Lobby
- Please RSVP by contacting Karen Wedlake on The City or emailing her at
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City
Men, why are you here? What is your legacy? Who do you think you are? Where are you going? To explore answers to these questions, Bridgeway is hosting the "Your Greater Story” Men's Conference, featuring our very own Pastor Brian Kiley.
We will begin with worship on Friday evening at 6:30pm and sending you home around 9:30 pm. We will start fresh on Saturday morning at 8:00am and conclude with a BBQ catered lunch.
REFUGEE MINISTRY VOLUNTEER INTEREST DINNER
Join us for a casual, relational evening where we'll learn about refugee ministry, enjoy a traditional middle eastern dinner, and have open discussion at tables with leaders of Bridgeway's Refugee Ministry and World Relief, as well as some of our refugee neighbors themselves.
- FRIDAY 11.4.16 @ 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Held in Classroom 1 (Room 251, 2nd Floor).
- Event is free (except childcare) but please RSVP
- Low-cost childcare is available with RSVP ($10 per child; includes children's dinner).
- CLICK HERE to RSVP by October 31st
- For more info or if you have any questions please contact Jenni Lisk at
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Community Prayer is a gathering of believers from several local churches focused on united prayer for our community, nation, and church and government leaders. The location rotates between participating churches. The November meeting will be hosted by Bridgeway. All are welcome!
- SATURDAY 11.5.16 @ 7:00am - 8:15am
- Held in the Bridge Cafe
- For more info, please email Teresa Bennett-Smith at
REGIONAL WORSHIP, PRAYER & HEALING GATHERING -- PRAYER TRAINING
We have the Regional Worship, Prayer and Healing Gathering coming up on Sunday November 13th . If you would like to participate in this event as part of the Prayer team, we want to know! We would love to have you on our team and actually have a training event coming up to equip you. This training is a requirement if you would like to be a part of the prayer team for this upcoming Gathering.
- SATURDAY 11.5.16 @ 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Held in The Grounds (Room B60) in the basement
- For more info, please email Nicole Andrade at
BRIDGEBUILDERS MUNCH BUNCH
The BridgeBuilders (age 50+) invite you to join them for breakfast on the first Monday of each month. This is a casual opportunity for people to meet and mingle on a regular basis.
- MONDAY 11.7.16 @ 9am - 11am
- Held at The Original Pancake House on Fairway Drive in Roseville
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City
- For more info, please contact Becky Cardaronella on The City or email
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (1st Monday of the month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- MONDAY 11.7.16 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Held in Prayer Room 1 (Room 173, First Floor)
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
VETERANS HONOR RUN
It's time for the 2nd annual Veterans Honor Run held at William Jessup University. The purpose of the 5k is to honor veterans who have served and sacrificed for our freedom and fund the LCpl Victor Veterans Scholarship Endowment for veterans. 100% of the proceeds raised will fund the endowment and produce scholarships for veterans in financial need. .
- SATURDAY 11.12.16 @ 8:00am
- Held at William Jessup University
- CLICK HERE to register or to learn more about the Veterans Honor Run
WAITING TOGETHER: PRISON CARE FAMILY SUPPORT MEETING
God’s Love Knows No Boundaries! Due to events beyond your control, you find yourself with a loved one in jail. What now?
Please join us for a time of hope and healing as we provide a lifeline for hurting families who find themselves in a situation they did not choose. We will assist you in the struggle to navigate the new normal of a loved one’s incarceration with all of the intense emotions and difficult questions that go with it and show how God can uniquely bless you through your challenging situation.
Focuses: Waiting Together - Hope and healing for families and friends of incarcerated loved ones. Arrested - Making decisions for yourself and your incarcerated loved one. Sentenced -Maintaining relationships during incarceration. Released - Preparing for your incarcerated loved one’s return home. Pathway to Healing - Helping you walk daily in the new normal. When Your Child is Arrested - Navigating the Juvenile Justice System.
- NEW MEETING TIME: SUNDAY 11.13.16 @ 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- In Classroom 2 (Room 209, 2nd Floor)
- For more info, contact Dan Gamel on The City or email him at
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Care Group on The City
REGIONAL WORSHIP, PRAYER & HEALING GATHERING 2016
Please join us in the Bridgeway Worship Center for the Regional Worship, Prayer and Healing Gathering 2016. This is a regional event involving churches from the greater Sacramento area. We invite you to bring your friends and family and experience a time of healing, encouragement and worship.
- SUNDAY 11.13.16 @ 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Held in Worship Center, 8150 Industrial Ave, Bldg A, Roseville
- CLICK HERE to sign up to be on the Prayer Team for the Regional Worship, Prayer & Healing Gathering
- For more info, please email Nicole Andrade at
HOMESCHOOL SUPPORT GROUP INFO MEETING
Do you homeschool your children? Are you looking for a support group where you can be encouraged, educated, and equipped? Then our Homeschool Support Group may be just right for you and your family! We have monthly support meetings, educational field trips for both older and younger kids, mentorship, kid’s socials and other special events. To learn more, come to our next monthly support meeting.
- MONDAY 11.14.16 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Held in The Grounds (Room B60, Basement)
- For more info, email Brenda Johnston at
BRIDGEWAY ISRAEL TOUR 2017
We are pleased to announce another Bridgeway Israel Tour set for Sept 2017! Pastor Matt Bach and others are leading a study tour, in partnership with GTI Tours, through the Holy Land of Israel. A trip like this moves you from reading the Bible in black and white to reading it in color. This trip will immensely bless you in your spiritual walk and understanding of God’s Word.
A flier will be available in the Main Lobby in October with an itinerary of all the places we will experience together and more details.
- TRIP DATES: September 8 - September 19, 2017
- Cost per person (based on double occupancy):
$4000 - $4300 depending on how many people go!
- Cost includes: Roundtrip airfare, meals, ground transportation, study guides and more.
- $400 deposit required to secure your spot
- CLICK HERE to REGISTER or view more trip details
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday February 1, 2017
- Early Bird Registration! Register by January 31st and save $100 off the cost of your trip!
- CLICK HERE to check out last year's trip tour blog
- For more info, email Pastor Matt Bach at
Are you looking for a place to serve? if you are new and looking for a way to get plugged in, Bridgeway is always on the lookout for volunteers.
CLICK HERE to check out the ministries that have an immediate need for volunteers.
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
FUNDS RAISED TO DATE:$4,795,761
TOTAL COMMITMENT: $5,300,000
Please pray for:
- For ongoing safety as the construction teams work diligently to complete their work
- An outpouring of financial provision
- The right tenant to lease the excess spaces
- God to bless the land and the buildings
- Dreams of how God will use Bridgeway to reach the world for Jesus Christ
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift:
DID YOU MISS PASTOR LANCE'S BOOK RELEASE CELEBRATION?
For those of you who made it to Pastor Lance’s book release celebration, thank you for coming! It was an amazing night, and for that, we give God all the glory!
If you were not able to make it, we have it on video for you! Feel free to share the video of the evening with family members, friends, co-workers, or others you feel would be blessed by it.
The evening had two parts -- first was Pastor Lance's message on Thriving Through Fear and the second was a Q&A session. Here are the videos for both:
ONLINE GIVING E-CHECK
The ability to give online via an E-check (electronic personal check) is now available. If you currently give online using a debit card, we ask that you move to E-check as the processing fee (a cost to the church) is much lower using this option.
- To update your online giving account or to begin giving online visit www.bridgewaychristian.org/give
HOW TO SUBMIT A PRAYER REQUEST TO THE PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer Chains are powerful and we are blessed to have such an amazing team, however we would also like to encourage you to ask for prayer after the services. We have an incredible Prayer Team at the altar after every service and they are waiting to pray for you.
Or you can submit a prayer request to be posted on our Prayer Chain. There are two ways to get your prayer requests to us:
- CLICK HERE to submit an online Prayer Request Form (this is the best way to submit a prayer request)
- Fill out a Prayer Card located at the Prayer Request box near the main doors of the Worship Center. You can place it in the offering basket or in the Prayer Request box
CLICK HERE to visit the Prayer page of our website for more detailed information.
COMMUNITY CARE GROUP
Join our Community Care Group on The City, our online community. This gives us the ability to notify of you about all of our regional outreach opportunities in the community. We are putting some ministries on hold, launching other new ministries and sharing the needs for our current ministries.
WOMEN'S CONNECTING MINISTRY INFORMATION
Ladies ... do you want to receive all of the information about upcoming activities in our Bridgeway Women's Ministry? The easiest way to get notifications, including info on upcoming events and classes ... and not miss exciting news ... is to join the Women's Ministry Group on The City, our online community.
- CLICK HERE to join the Women's Ministry group on The City
- For more information or for questions, please contact Diane Bussani at
SINGLE LADIES OVER 50 GROUP
If you are a single lady over 50 join our welcoming group to connect with other ladies and build relationships for life. Weekly, we study the Bible and navigate single life together as well as enjoy monthly fellowship dinners. You can join at anytime!
- Held on MONDAYS at a private home in Roseville
- No registraion required
- For details on when and where this group meets, please email Karen Wedlake at
HEART 2 HEART WOMEN'S MENTORING MINISTRY
Ladies, are you looking for a place to serve and connect? Do you have special knowledge or life experience to share with others? Heart to Heart, the women’s mentoring ministry at Bridgeway is looking for new mentors. One of the great benefits of mentoring is seeing the many ways God uses your experience and expertise to speak into someone else’s life. Likewise, if you would like to have someone you can come to for Biblically based guidance with life’s circumstances, or for help in furthering your spiritual walk, you might consider requesting a mentor.
ON-GOING WOMEN'S 12-STEP RECOVERY GROUP
LOVE* FREEDOM*SUPPORT*GOD*EACH OTHER
Women's 12 Step Recovery: Breaking the bondage of drugs and alcohol. A biblical approach to the 12 steps; open discussion time; thought provoking questions; sponsorship availability and serve opportunities.
- MONDAYS @ 5:30pm - 6:45pm
- Held in the Classroom 2 (Room 209, 2nd Floor)
- For more info, email Jodie Park at
SOUL CARE COACHING MINISTRY
Want to take tangible steps closer to God? Want to grow in your faith and just don't quite know where to start? Do you know what God wants you to do but just haven't done it yet? The Faith Coaching Ministry has trained volunteers ready to meet with and help you take the next step in growing in your faith.
- Day, evening and weekend appointment times available.
- CLICK HERE to learn more and make an appointment (Visit the Life Coaching page)
- For more info about Soul Care visit www.mysoulcare.com
BUDGET COACHING MINISTRY
Budget coaching at Bridgeway is:
- Tailored to your needs
- Reasonably priced—$10 total for as many sessions as you need
- Budget planning strategies
- Savings plan
- Debt elimination techniques
- Joyful giving
BLOODSOURCE DONATIONS TO SUPPORT HAITI MEDICAL CLINIC
Source plasma donations are specifically collected to develop lifesaving medicines and therapies for patients with neurological disorders, immune deficiencies, bleeding disorders and more. BloodSource has partnered with Bridgeway! If anyone from Bridgeway makes a donation of anything except whole blood (such as source plasma) at any BloodSource location, BloodSource will donate $100 to Bridgeway! That money will then be used to support our Haiti church partner's medical clinic.
- CLICK HERE to find out more info about source plasma
- For more info, please contact Matt Loeffler at
"GATHERING IN STYLE" FOR THE HOMELESS
Do your shopping where the profits benefit the Gathering Inn homeless ministry at the new women's clothing shop, GATHERING IN STYLE, in Roseville. This store is overstocked with clothing mainly from Macy's! All the profits go to help the homeless at The Gathering Inn. Please come and shop! Thank you!
- "Gathering in Style" ... 1811 Douglas Blvd, Suite 4, Roseville (in the Hobby Lobby & Ross Shopping Center)