What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 7/29/14
FALL LAUNCH IS COMING!
For those of you who are new to Bridgeway, Fall Launch is the time that you have the opportunity to register for all of the Fall Semester Bible Studies and Classes.
Fall Launch Priority Registration (for our Bridgeway family only) begins this coming Saturday, August 2nd at 3:00pm ... and it's only for those of you who attend Bridgeway and are on The City!
Not on The City? Stop by the Connection Center in the Lobby during weekend services this weekend to sign up.
Regular registration (for everyone) will begin Saturday, August 9th.
Some classes fill up very quickly! Watch for the special post on The City about Priority Registration and be prepared to register!
Also, don't forget to mark your calendar for the All Church Potluck & Movie Night coming up on Friday, August 22nd (details below).
We have so many more events to tell you about. Please see all the important happenings below.
Have a great week Bridgeway!
CHAIR MINISTRY HELP NEEDED
The Bridgeway Chair ministry is in need of volunteers who can help with special events periodically throughout the year. Opportunities to serve include:
- Moving chairs (set up or re-set)
- Setting up or taking down tables
- Special need for a weekly Tuesday set up crew and a Wednesday teardown/re-set crew
- To volunteer, email Dan Bean at
KIDSWAY CHILDCARE WORKERS NEEDED
Kidsway is now accepting applications for paid childcare positions beginning in September.
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Jay Vincent at
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!
MEN'S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
EDGE (MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY) VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Looking to build community while impacting lives and making a difference? Edge Middle School Ministry is seeking volunteers who are willing to invest in middle school students, families, and each other. We are passionate about having a fun time and helping middle school students develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. The challenge is great, the rewards are greater!
- Weekend table leaders and midweek small group leaders are needed!
- To volunteer, contact Eric Upton on The City or email
ADOPT-A-SCHOOL - SCHOOL SUPPLY COLLECTION
Consider donating one or more of the following school supplies for Bridgeway's adopted school, the First Street School in Lincoln.
Bring your donated supplies to the Community Hall on the weekends of August 2nd/3rd or August 9th/10th.
- washable markers
- glue sticks
- white school glue
- ballpoint pens (blue, black & red)
- boxes of Kleenex
- hand sanitizer
- bleach wipes
- dry erase markers
- ziplock bags (all sizes)
- highlighter pens
- wide-ruled notebook paper
- reams of white copy paper
- reams of colored copy paper
- 3-ring binders (2 inch)
- subject dividers
GUADALAJARA MISSION TRIP INFORMATION
Join us on a missions trip to work with our missionaries, Darren and Justin Hurst, in Guadalajara, Mexico. The trip will consist of construction, fellowship with the youth in their ministry, and community outreach.
- Info Meeting with Justin Hurst: SUNDAY 8.3.14 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm in Room 1 (next to the Community Hall)
- Trip Application deadline: MONDAY 8.25.14
- TRIP DATES: SATURDAY 1.24.15 - FRIDAY 1.30.15
- Cost: $1450
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO about the Hurst brothers and the mission work being done in Guadalajara.
- For more info about the mission trip, contact Jeff Haakenson on The City or contact
UGANDA WINTER MISSION TRIP
Join the Bridgeway Uganda missions team this December as we continue to partner with Yaaka Afrika in Uganda. We will be hosting the Yaaka Annual Youth Camp at Toggo International Children's Center. Additionally, our team will be partnering with native missionaries and Pastor Steven Trint, in open air evangelism, door to door fellowship, discipleship, community outreach and the deepening of relationships between the Ugandan and American Church.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY 8.5.14
- TRIP DATES: SATURDAY 12.27.14 - SATURDAY 1.10.15
- COST: Approximately $3,200
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- For more information, contact
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- TUESDAY 8.5.14 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
WOMEN'S MINISTRY COFFEE & CHOCOLATE
Are you wanting to connect with the women at Bridgeway but not sure how? Are you new to Bridgeway and just want to meet other women? Would you like to check out the many opportunities Bridgeway Women have to connect during the year? Come join us for a FREE evening of Coffee and Chocolate to find out all you ever wanted to know about Women's Ministry and engage with the leaders in each area of ministry within Women's Ministry.
- FRIDAY 8.8.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Held in the Hub Chapel
- CLICK HERE TO RSVP ON THE CITY
- To RSVP by email or for more info contact Vicki Graeff at
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WOMEN'S MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
JOURNEYS GAME NIGHT
Come join Journeys (Singles age 30 - 49) for a FREE night of fun, games, fellowship, laughter and food. This is a kid friendly event.
- FRIDAY 8.8.14 @ 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- In the Community Hall
- Pizza will be provided
- Bring a side dish or dessert to share
- Bring your favorite game and your game face
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE JOURNEYS GROUP ON THE CITY
BACK-TO-SCHOOL MOMS GATHERING
This half-day event for moms will encourage, support, inspire & equip you as you prepare to serve your families this new school year. If you have kids who attend school outside the home (public or private), this event is for you.
- SATURDAY 8.9.14 @ 9:00am to 1:00pm (doors open at 8:30am)
- Bring your mom-friends and neighbors.
- Cost is $10 ($8 if you bring in a new school supply for Bridgeway's adopted school, the First Street School in Lincoln).
- Held in the Hub Chapel.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- For more information, email Janel Thomas at
PRAYER MINISTRY - EVENING OF PREPARATION
As we begin our 40 day fast on Tuesday, August 12th we invite everyone to prepare by coming before the Lord as one body, asking Him to examine our hearts and restore us to right relationship with the Father. This will be a time of worship and scripture based prayer focused on the power of Jesus Christ to cleanse, renew and equip us for ministry.
- SUNDAY 8.10.14 @ 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- In On-Site Rocklin
- For more information, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or email
ALL CHURCH 40 DAY FAST BEGINS
Join us as we begin our 40 day fast to prepare our hearts for a great move of God at our Worship, Prayer & Healing night taking place Sunday, September 21st at Capital Christian Center.
- Fast begins: TUESDAY 8.12.14 @ 12:01am
- Fast ends: SATURDAY 9.20.14 @ 11:59pm
- CLICK HERE FOR A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR LANCE ABOUT OUR40 DAY FAST
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 8.14.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 303 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- Info, email
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE BRIDGEWAY PRISON MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
FUEL (HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY) PARENT TOWN HALL
Parents of high school students are invited to take part in our Parent Town Hall meeting. Pastor Matt will be discussing what's new in our ministry and where its headed. Come and enjoy desserts and coffee and meet other parents and the Fuel staff. This meeting will coincide with Fuel youth group, please bring your student and stay for the meeting!
- THURSDAY 8.14.14 @ 7:15pm to 9:00pm
- In the Jr High School Room
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE FUEL GROUP ON THE CITY
- For more info, contact Greta Dushane at
BRIDGEWAY'S 5TH ANNUAL GOLF INVITATIONAL -- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Men and women, you are cordially invited to take part in the excitement of our 5th Annual Bridgeway Golf Invitational. This year’s event again promises to be a fun-filled day loaded with prizes, good food and fellowship all for a great cause, the College Golf Fellowship.
- FRIDAY 8.15.14 @ 11:00am to 8:00pm (1:00pm shotgun start)
- Held at the beautiful Lincoln Hills Golf Club in Lincoln
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- For more info visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Ron Cody at
Please join us for a fun-filled time of cooking and fellowship as we prepare freezer meals for the Meal Ministry.
- SATURDAY 8.16.14 @ 10:30am - 12:00pm
- In the Kitchen of the Main Building
- We need five volunteers for this Cooking Club date
- Please RSVP to Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
HAVEN: CREATIVE ARTS WORKSHOP
Join us for creative prayer and worship. We'll provide art supplies for continuing your art journal, altered book in progress or your own project to work on. No special skills needed.
SOUL CARE: LIFE COACHING MINISTRY INFO MEETING
Do you have a passion to see others grow in their relationship with God? Do you desire to empower people to live a life with more purpose and direction? Are you looking for a place to serve that helps individuals apply what their are learning? The Bridgeway Coaching Ministry Team may be the perfect place for you! To help you understand what coaching is and how to plug in if you want to volunteer, come to a short informational meeting.
- WEDNESDAY 8.20.14 @ 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- In the Bridgeway Soul Care Center
- For more info visit www.mysoulcare.com or email Heather at
ALL CHURCH POTLUCK & MOVIE NIGHT
Spend a fun Friday night and join us in Bridgeway's U-Shaped Parking lot for a great time of fellowship, food & a great family movie "The Croods". Wrap up the summer with your church family and friends.
- FRIDAY 8.22.14 @ 6:30pm - 10:00pm
- Bring a potluck dish to share, chairs or blankets.
- Drinks, popcorn and snowcones provided.
- No registration needed, just show up.
- For more information contact Angie Brown on The City or email
This class is designed to introduce you to the various ministries at Bridgeway. Meet some of the leadership here at Bridgeway to find out more about their ministries and how you can get involved.
- SATURDAY 9.13.14 @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm OR
- SUNDAY 9.14.14 @ 11:15am - 12:45pm
- Held in Room 303 (located between the church office and the HUB)
- No registration needed; simply show up
ASK PASTOR LANCE
Pastor Lance will be back and ready for your questions! Join us for an hour of informal Q & A with Pastor Lance after 2nd service.
- SATURDAY 9.13.14 @ 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- SUNDAY 9.14.14 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center
CHRISTIAN COLLEGE FAIR
William Jessup University presents the Christian College Fair, here at Bridgeway! Representatives from over 35 national & regional Christian colleges and universities will be here to provide info and answer questions.
- MONDAY 9.15.14 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center
- For more info, contact Vance Pascua at 916-577-2221.
Learn about Bridgeway’s history, beliefs, values, vision and the benefits and expectations of membership.
WORSHIP, PRAYER & HEALING NIGHT 2014
Please join us for Worship, Prayer and Healing Night 2014.
With our continued focus on regional unity we are linking arms this year with Captial Christian Center and The Rock of Roseville. Their leadership and prayer teams will serve alongside us. Anyone in need of healing and those who are willing to pray for healing are encouraged to attend.
MEN’S REGIONAL RETREAT -- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Guys we are excited to partner with The Rock of Roseville, Center of Praise and Bayside of South Sac in a regional retreat at the beautiful Woodleaf YoungLife Camp in Challenge,CA. Pastor Lance, Bishop Lovelace, Pastor Anfuso and Pastor Wesley will be speaking.
- FRIDAY 10.3.14 - SUNDAY 10.5.14
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND SPACE IS LIMITED. Don’t miss out!
- Cost: $150 per person.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEN'S MINISTRY GROUP ON THE CITY
- For more Info, visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Steve Ernst at