What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 11/20/14
There are many ways to show compassion and help families in need this holiday season. Check out the Holiday Giving at Bridgeway opportunities below.
Don't forget to mark your calendars for our Bridgeway Family Christmas Night on Friday, December 12th. Hope to see you there!
Also, check out what the Bridgeway Drama Ministry has in store for you this December -- a fun Christmas Variety show -- you won't want to miss it.
Looking for a way to volunteer? Check out the Service Opportunities section at the bottom of this What's Happening at Bridgeway?
Do you want to know what the update is on our Invest Building Campaign? We have that for you too.
The details for all of these great happenings are provided in the information below. Plus, we have many more events and a lot more information to share with you. Please take a look so you know What's Happening at Bridgeway! Registration links are included if registration is necessary.
Have a great Thanksgiving Bridgeway!
Enfoque Ciudad or "City Focus" has been serving in Guadalajara, Mexico since 2008 with leaders Darren and Justin Hurst (2 of 3 triplet brothers). They help orphans & at-risk youth through the challenges of life, seeking the "welfare of the city" (Jeremiah 29). Visit them in the lobby during weekend services this weekend, November 22nd and 23rd.
- SATURDAY 11.22.14 and SUNDAY 11.23.14 in the Lobby
- For more information visit www.enfoqueciudad.org or email Justin at
ADOPT-A-FAMILY FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS
Families, businesses and small groups can adopt one or more families in need from Bridgeway, the 1st Street School in Lincoln (our adopted school), or other pre-screened ministry partners in the community.
- CONTINUES through SUNDAY 12.14.14
- Stop by our Lobby table during weekend services or visit www.adoptafamilyspu.org to view families' needs, adopt and make a difference!
ANGEL TREE - HOLIDAY COMPASSION OPPORTUNITY
The Christmas season is already beginning with Angel Tree. We are gearing up to serve families and children in Placer and Sacramento Counties who have incarcerated parents. Bridgeway has committed to blessing at least 200 kids with Christmas gifts this year! To help us provide a Christmas gift for a child whose parent is in prison, stop by the Angel Tree table in the Lobby. This is an opportunity to share Christ’s love with families of prisoners in our area.
- CONTINUES through SUNDAY 12.7.14
- Stop by our our Lobby table during weekend services to select the information for a child who needs a gift (gift value $15-25 per child)
- Return wrapped gifts to the Lobby, during weekend services, by 12.07.14.
- Volunteers are needed! There are many ways you can get involved. The volunteer opportunities begin this month and continue until the week before Christmas
- For more information or to volunteer to help, email Katherine at
SANTA SACK DONATIONS FOR THE GATHERING INN HOMELESS GUESTS
For Christmas, The Gathering Inn is collecting Santa Sacks for their homeless guests. Santa Sacks are recyclable sacks filled with donations. We need your help filling the Santa Sacks with the donations (a list of needed supplies is attached to the empty Santa Sack bag to help you shop). If you'd like to help bless the homeless this Christmas, here's what you can do:
- Pick up an empty Santa Sack in the Soul Care Lobby (main building) -- in the Santa Sack box
- You can also use your own bag and just shop from the list provided in the Santa Sack box
- Return the filled Santa Sack to the Soul Care Lobby -- in the Santa Sack box -- prior to Christmas
CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED DURING THANKSGIVING WEEK
The Bridgeway Church Office will be closed the week of Thanksgiving, November 24 – 28. We will re-open on Tuesday, December 2nd. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
BRIDGEWAY TO RECOVERY MEN'S CLASS
Our Bridgeway to Recovery program has a men's class which meets on Monday evenings to help you with your hurts, habits and hang-ups. New people are welcome anytime! The women's class begins in February.
- MONDAYS @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Andrew Jones at 916.342.9727
The purpose of the 5th MVMNT night is: Reveal ... Respond ... Worship. We believe in the need and importance of the community of Christ lifting praise and adoration to our deserving King. Worship is more than an action; it's an identity. With that in mind, the 5th MVMNT was born out of our desire to collectively lift one heart, one offering and one passion to our Father through the praise that dwells within us. Come with anticipation as we present our offering to the LORD through song.
- SUNDAY 11.30.14 @ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Held in the Worship Center
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. The December gathering is here at Bridgeway. All are welcome!
MEN'S BREAKFAST & COAT DRIVE FOR ALONGSIDE HOMELESS MINISTRY
Join us for our last Men's Breakfast of the year! This is our annual outreach project to support Alongside Homeless Ministry. Please bring your donations of new or gently used coats, gloves, scarves, blankets, socks and underwear (new) to give to the homeless this winter. Please feel free to invite your friends and neighbors as this is a great time for food and fellowship.
- SATURDAY 12.6.14 @ 8:00am to 10:00am
- Cost for the catered breakfast is $10.00 in advance or $15.00 at the door
- Held in the Community Hall
- CLICK HERE to register
- For more information visit www.bridgewaymen.com or email Steve Ernst at
- CLICK HERE to join the Men's Ministry group on The City
LIVE SCAN/FINGERPRINTING FOR BRIDGEWAY VOLUNTEERS
If you will be volunteering in a Bridgeway ministry and have not been cleared through the Live Scan electronic fingerprinting process here at Bridgeway, please come to this Live Scan session.
MISSIONS DESSERT NIGHT SEND-OFF
Come help us send off our missionary Karyssa Williams as she leaves for Newcastle, Australia to participate in the YWAM discipleship training school. She will then head out into the mission field wherever God leads. Come hear all about her upcoming journey!
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 12.11.14 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 302 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- For more info, contact Dan Gamel on The City or email him at
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Ministry Group on The City
BRIDGEWAY FAMILY CHRISTMAS NIGHT
Join us for a fun night of Christmas festivities! We will begin with caroling around fire pits in the parking lot and then we’ll move inside On-Site Rocklin for a hot cocoa bar, Christmas cookies and a family friendly Christmas movie!
KIDSWAY CHRISTMAS MUSICAL
The children in the Kidsway Christmas Musical invite you to join them as they share the “Legacy of Love”, a fun filled musical drama with a lasting lesson about leaving a legacy.
JOURNEYS (SINGLES AGE 30 - 49) CHRISTMAS PARTY
Come hang out with others singles from Bridgeway for a great evening of Christmas fun! We'll have a traditional Christmas dinner, Christmas music, and opportunities to build community with others in the Bridgeway family.
Bridgeway’s Adopt-A-School Outreach will be serving a holiday lunch to the teachers and staff of our adopted school, the First Street School in Lincoln. This is a great opportunity to show the love of Jesus to the teachers and staff, and to encourage them for the important job they do. Here are some ways you can help:
- TUESDAY 12.16.14 @ 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Assist with set-up/decorating, serving or clean-up. We need people to serve anytime between 10:00am and 1:00pm
- Purchase tablecloths and paper goods (for about 30 people)
- Bake corn muffins or Christmas cookies/brownies
- If you are interested in serving or providing supplies needed, please contact Janel Thomas on The City or email
This year’s Christmas event, sponsored by the Bridgeway Drama Ministry, will showcase 1940's themed performances looking back on the story of the nativity with impersonations of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Abbott & Costello, the Three Stooges, Lucille Ball and more!
- SUNDAY 12.19.14 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm and 7:30pm - 8:30pm
- SATURDAY MATINEE 12.20.14 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- SUNDAY 12.21.14 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm and 7:30pm - 8:30pm
- Performances are FREE
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Held in On-Site Rocklin
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
Join us in the Worship Center for a special family-friendly Christmas Eve service with Pastor Lance. Four one-hour services to choose from. Hot cocoa will be served.
- WEDNESDAY 12.24.14 @ 1:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:00pm & 5:30pm
- Kidsway is available for Nursery - PreSchool aged children.
- No Fuel (Sr High) or Edge (Jr High) services (students attend main service).
FUEL'S WINTER CAMP
Fuel HSM is mixing it up this year and going on our own Winter Retreat! All high school students are invited to start their 2015 by going up the hill to hear an encouraging and striking message entitled "Dormant". Come spend some time making new friends and hanging out in the snow!!
- THURSDAY 1.1.15 - SATURDAY 1.3.15
- Cost: $109 per person
- CLICK HERE to register
- For more info, contact Greta Dushane on The City or email
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015!
- 10 day tour (plus 2 days travel) with GTI Tours
- If we have a minimum of 40 paid people, the price is under $4000!
- Those who pay their early deposit before January 2015 get an additional $100 off!
- Trip dates: August 31st - September 11th, 2015
- Pastor Matt will be be teaching an optional Blueprints class this Winter to walk through some Moody Bible Institute material on Israel’s terrain, cities and key places ... Sort of a virtual tour class.
- CLICK HERE to register for the trip to Israel
- For more information, contact Pastor Matt Bach on The City or email
USHERS & GREETERS NEEDED FOR WEEKEND SERVICES!
Do you enjoy making people feel welcome here at Bridgeway? Then we need you! There is an immediate need for ushers and greeters for our weekend services.
- To volunteer, CLICK HERE to complete the application.
- For more information on the Usher/Greeter team contact Linda Risse on The City or email
MEALS MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the Meals Ministry, which provides meals for members of our Bridgeway family who are in need.
- For more information or to sign up to volunteer, contact Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the Meals Ministry group on The City
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
FUNDS RAISED TO DATE: $2,180,631
TOTAL COMMITMENT: $4,217,946
Please pray for: The entitlement process with the City to continue to be smooth; for God to deliver a tenant to lease excess space; for continued financial favor over this project.
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!
If you missed any of Pastor Lance's 7-week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural, CLICK HERE to download the sessions
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Dennis Gray at
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
Bridgeway’s very own Library offers a wide collection of 2,800 Christian books, videos, and CDs for adults and children.
- The Library is open before, between, and after all the weekend services (and during the service if volunteers are available).
- Now open Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- All materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- The Library is located in the main building, in the hallway between the Lobby and the U - shaped parking lot.
- For more information, please contact Gloria Abrott on The City