What's Happening at Bridgeway?
LAST UPDATED 1/22/15
This Sunday, January 25th, is the last day to register for our Spring 2015 semester classes and Bible studies. Registration for childcare (for the classes that occur while childcare is avaiable) also closes this Sunday, January 25th! Don't miss out! Register now at www.BridgewayLaunch.com
Are you new to Bridgeway? Come join us at the Newcomers Dessert on Friday, January 30th. See the details below.
Registration to have your child dedicated at our next Baby Dedication is closing Wednesday, February 4th. Registration info is listed below.
Are you looking for a way to volunteer? We have an urgent need for help in our Kidsway program! Find out what's needed in Kidsway and our other ministries in the Service Opportunities section at the bottom of this What's Happening at Bridgeway post.
We have many events happening here at Bridgeway. The details are provided in the information below. Registration links are included if registration is necessary. Please take a look so you know What's Happening at Bridgeway!
SPRING LAUNCH - CLASSES AT BRIDGEWAY
Register now for our Spring 2015 semester classes and Bible studies, including Mom2Mom!
- CLASS REGISTRATION CLOSES: SUNDAY 1.25.15
- CHILDCARE REGISTRATION CLOSES: SUNDAY 1.25.15 (for those classes which occur while childcare is available)
- CLICK HERE to visit the BridgewayLaunch.com website to read all about the classes offered this semester and to register for classes.
BABY DEDICATION REGISTRATION CLOSES FEBRUARY 4TH
Our next Baby Dedication Special Service is coming up on Sunday, February 22nd at 2:00pm in the Worship Center. Registration is now open if you would like to have your child dedicated.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES: WEDNESDAY 2.4.15
- CLICK HERE to register your child
- If you wish to dedicate more than one child, please register each child on a separate form.
- For more information, please call the Church office at (916)408-6560
WOMEN'S RETREAT REGISTRATION
Please mark your calendar for the Women’s Spring Retreat at the Mission Springs Conference Grounds in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. Christian speaker and author Debbie Kreisher will share a special message entitled "Grace - It's What's for Dinner".
- RETREAT DATES: FRIDAY 3.20.15 (check-in begins at 4:00pm) - SUNDAY 3.22.15 (ends with lunch)
- Mission Springs Conference Grounds, Scotts Valley, CA
- CLICK HERE to register for the Retreat
- Rooms are filling up quickly - don't miss out! Register today!
- For questions or further information, please contact Vicki Graeff on The City or email
HUME LAKE SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION -- Only 25 Fuel (High School) spots left!
There are only 25 spots left for FUEL students to attend Hume Lake Summer Camp this summer! (Fuel is for students entering 9th-12th grade for the 2015-2016 school year). The WAGON TRAIN (ages 8-11) and MEADOW RANCH (EDGE students entering 6th-8th grade) groups ARE FULL!
- CAMP DATES: SUNDAY 7.5.15 - SATURDAY 7.11.15
- PONDEROSA (for FUEL students entering 9th-12th grade)
- COST per student: $595
- NON-REFUNDABLE $100.00 deposit is due at the time of registration
- CLICK HERE to register your FUEL student
- For more info email
JOURNEYS SINGLES MINISTRY NOW MEETING ON TUESDAY EVENINGS
Bridgeway's singles ministry (ages 30 to 49) is now meeting on Tuesday evenings. Journeys is no longer meet on Sunday evenings.
- TUESDAYS @ 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- In Room 301 (Jr High Room)
- Childcare is available beginning February 3rd!
- Childcare registration is required.
- CLICK HERE to register your child for childcare during Journeys on Tuesday evenings
- For more info, please contact Pastor Brian at
SOUL CARE LIFE COACHING WORKSHOP
Invest an evening discovering God's priorities at the "Discovering God's Goals for Your New Year” Workshop. Through reflection, discussion and a practical life coaching tool, you’ll have a renewed perspective for 2015.
- FRIDAY 1.23.15 @ 6:00pm to 9:30pm
- In Room 1 (located next to the Community Hall).
- Cost: $10 (includes dinner and materials)
- CLICK HERE to register for the workshop
- For more info, contact Heather Johnson on The City or email
If you are new to Bridgeway we'd love to have you join the pastors, staff, elders and ministry leaders in the Hub Chapel for a fun evening of meeting others, learning more about Bridgeway and eating yummy desserts. Event is free (including childcare) but please RSVP
- FRIDAY 1.30.15 @ 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Held in the Hub Chapel
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more info, email Angie at or call the Church Office at 916.408-6560
CREATIVE PRAYER WORKSHOP
The Bridgeway Prayer Ministry is excited to welcome special guest speaker, Adena Hodges, to facilitate a time of experiencing prayer in fresh and creative ways. Adena is the co-founder of the regional “Intercessor's Workshop”, author of the blog www.1000WaysToPray.com, and a prayer leader at The Rock of Roseville.
We welcome both those who are new to prayer and those who are seasoned intercessors to join us for a morning to learn, grow, pray and have fun together.
- SATURDAY 1.31.15 @ 9:00am to 11:00am
- Doors will open at 8:30 am. Come early and enjoy snacks and fellowship before the session begins
- Held in the Community Hall
- Event is FREE but please RSVP
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more info, contact Teresa Bennett-Smith on The City or at
BRIDGEBUILDERS MUNCH BUNCH
The BridgeBuilders (age 50+) invite you to join them for breakfast on the first Monday of each month, at various restaurants. This is a casual opportunity for people to meet and mingle on a regular basis. The location will be announced each month on The City under the BridgeBuilders group.
- First gathering: MONDAY 2.2.15 @ 9:00am to 11:00am
- The February location is: The Original Pancake House on Fairway Drive in Roseville
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City and find out the location of the restaurant
- For more info, please email Pinky Hordyk at
MONTHLY PRAYER GATHERING
Come pray for Bridgeway’s church community, pastors, staff and ministries at our monthly (first Tuesday of each month) prayer gathering. New people are welcome and encouraged to join us!
Ladies, you're invited to the second annual "IF:Gathering". It's a fresh, deep, honest space for a new generation of women to wrestle with the essential question: IF God is real… THEN what? This 2-day gathering brings women together from around the world and helps figure out how to live out the calling God has placed on our lives. This gathering is open to the public, so feel free to invite the ladies in your life!
- FRIDAY 2.6.15 @ 3:00pm to 9:30pm AND
- SATURDAY 2.7.15 @ 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Held in On-Site Rocklin
- COST: Almost FREE ($1.00 donation required when you RSVP).
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- For more information, contact Rebecca Hoehne at
- You can also visit, "If:Rocklin" Facebook page ... CLICK HERE to visit Facebook
Reveille is hosting a Night Out for all Active Duty Military Families. This is an evening of fun, safe, free childcare so you can enjoy cherished time out with your spouse or time alone! Childcare is free but children must be registered by Friday, January 30th.
- FRIDAY 2.6.15 @ 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- CLICK HERE to register your child/children
- For more info, email Dave Winter at
COMMUNITY PRAYER GATHERING
Join an inter-denominational and non-partisan gathering of people from a variety of local churches who meet on the first Saturday of every month to pray for our country, our leaders, our pastors and our churches. The location rotates between participating churches. All are welcome!
ASK PASTOR LANCE
Join us for an hour of informal Q&A with Pastor Lance after 2nd Service on Saturday and Sunday.
- SATURDAY 2.7.15 @ 8:00pm to 9:00pm AND
- SUNDAY 2.8.15 @ 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- In the Worship Center
ADOPTION SUPPORT GROUP MONTHLY MEETING
Come join a community that can support and understand your needs as a foster or adoptive parent. We'll be meeting the 2nd Sunday of each month to discuss parenting and adoption concepts plus allow you to connect with other Bridgeway adoptive families.
- SUNDAY 2.8.15 @ 11:15am - 12:45pm
- Kidsway is available (as this group meets during 2nd service)
- Held in Room 210 (in the Hub)
- For more information, email Claire Eberhardt at
PRISON MINISTRY SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly Family Support Group meeting for those with a loved one in the correctional system. Receive prayer, encouragement, emotional and moral support.
- THURSDAY 2.12.15 @ 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- In Room 302 (located in between the Hub and the Church Office).
- For more info, contact Dan Gamel on The City or email him at
- CLICK HERE to join the Bridgeway Prison Ministry Group on The City
Are you new to Bridgeway? If you’ve been here for 6 months or less, we invite you to come meet our pastors and staff for an hour of informal Q&A.
Defending the Cause hosts a FREE night for foster and adoptive parents to enjoy a night out while we watch the kids. Children will enjoy dinner, crafts, and a movie. Make sure to sign up now as we always fill up quickly!
If you will be volunteering in a Bridgeway ministry and have not been cleared through the Live Scan electronic fingerprinting process here at Bridgeway, please come to this Live Scan session.
BridgeBuilders (age 50+), please join us for a lovely bus trip to the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, CA. You'll also have the opportunity to attend a cooking demo for an additional fee (but you must call ahead to reserve your spot at the cooking demo). The trip is in April but we need you to register now to reserve your seat on the bus!
- SATURDAY 4.11.15 @ 7:45am - 6:00pm (meet at 7:45am to board the bus)
- Meet the bus at the corner of Douglas & N. Sunrise in Roseville (near Schools Credit building)
- Cost: $25 per person
- CLICK HERE to register for the bus trip
- To reserve your spot for the Cooking Demo, call (707)967-2320. Cost for cooking demo: $20 per person.
- For questions or more info, please contact June Wood on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the BridgeBuilders group on The City
ISRAEL TOUR 2015
Interested in seeing the Bible come alive as you go where Moses and Jesus walked, worked and taught? Consider joining some of our Bridgeway Pastors in touring Israel in September 2015! There are still openings and time to register for this year’s tour of the Holy Land! A trip like this moves you from reading the Bible in black and white to reading it in color.
- Trip dates: August 31st - September 11th, 2015
- 10 day tour (plus 2 days travel) with GTI Tours
- If we have a minimum of 40 paid people, the price is under $4000!
- Those who pay their early deposit before January 31, 2015 get an additional $100 off!
- Pastor Matt will be be teaching an optional class to walk through some Moody Bible Institute material on Israel’s terrain, cities and key places ... Sort of a virtual tour class. The class will be held on Sundays at 9:00am, April 12th - May 17th. CLICK HERE to register for this class.
- CLICK HERE to register for the trip to Israel
- For more information, contact Pastor Matt Bach on The City or email
If you have ever thought about joining our Kidsway team, now is the time! We are forced to close Kidsway classrooms, during weekend services, when our team cannot safely support our little ones. You could be the difference in keeping a classroom open! You’ll get trained, plugged in and supported in this “just add water” ministry. All you need to do is show up!
- To volunteer, CLICK HERE to complete the application.
- Choose one of our four services and an age group (babies, PreK, Elementary, or PreTeen)
- For more information please email
COMMUNION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
On the first full weekend of each month, we celebrate communion together. As some of you may not know, in order for us all to break bread together each month, it takes many hands of preparation. We are currently looking for people to serve once a month, for one service to help prep communion. We especially need volunteers for our Saturday services.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR "THE GATHERING INN"
On the 3rd Monday of each month, Bridgeway hosts "The Gathering Inn" homeless ministry in the Community Hall. Volunteers are needed to help in the following areas:
- Table Hosts - Table Hosts sit at a table of guests during dinner to create community and help them feel welcome at Bridgeway
- Hair Stylist
- Craft Leader - Leads a simple craft project for approximately 10 people
- To volunteer or for more information, email Gayle Miller at
Do you enjoy making people feel welcome here at Bridgeway? Then we need you! There is an immediate need for ushers and greeters for our weekend services.
- To volunteer, CLICK HERE to complete the application.
- For more information on the Usher/Greeter team contact Nancy McGivney on The City or email
CAMPUS GUIDES NEEDED FOR WEEKEND SERVICES!
During weekend services, Campus Guides are stationed around our campus to provide personal direction and assistance to members and guests who are searching for specific locations. The guides walk people to the desired location.
MEALS MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the Meals Ministry, which provides meals for members of our Bridgeway family who are in need.
- For more information or to sign up to volunteer, contact Debbie Dehrer on The City or email
- CLICK HERE to join the Meals Ministry group on The City
FOOD CLOSET DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
- Non-perishable items (with a long shelf-life) can be dropped off in the bin in the Soul Care office during Soul Care hours.
- Bring perishables to the Community Hall on Thursday mornings before noon.
MEN’S CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED FOR HOMELESS MINISTRY
- Shoes, socks & underwear are needed most
- Donations can be left at the Soul Care office (located in the Main Building).
- For more information, contact David Heitzler or Ana Grice on The City or call the Soul Care office at 916-626-3017.
INVEST BUILDING CAMPAIGN
FUNDS RAISED TO DATE: $2,383,419
TOTAL COMMITMENT: $4,217,946
Please pray for:
- God’s favor with the City Approvals
- An outpouring of financial provision
- The right tenant to lease the excess space
- God to bless the land and the buildings
If you would like to donate toward the Invest Building Campaign or increase your gift, there’s still time!
If you missed any of Pastor Lance's 7-week series on Biblical Foundations – Understanding the Supernatural, CLICK HERE to download the sessions.
BRIDGEWAY TO RECOVERY MEN'S CLASS
Our Bridgeway to Recovery program has a men's class which meets on Monday evenings to help you with your hurts, habits and hang-ups. New people are welcome anytime! The women's class begins in February.
- MONDAYS @ 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- In Room 10 (Sr High Room)
- For more info, contact Andrew Jones at 916.342.9727
BRIDGEWAY CHAPLAIN TEAM
The Bridgeway Chaplain Team is here to help you! Our chaplains provide on-call support for emergency and crisis situations, such as a death in the family, accident, hospitalization, etc.
- If you need a chaplain, please call the Crisis Hotline at 916-952-8887.
- If you are interested in serving as a chaplain or need more information, email Dennis Gray at
BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH LIBRARY
Bridgeway’s very own Library offers a wide collection of 2,800 Christian books, videos, and CDs for adults and children.
- The Library is open before, between, and after all the weekend services (and during the service if volunteers are available).
- Open Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- All materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- The Library is located in the main building, in the hallway between the Lobby and the U - shaped parking lot.
- For more information, please contact Gloria Abrott on The City